Dahua Alarm Systems ?

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua seems to have some products in this category. They have a new(?) wireless alarm control panel that seems interesting. ARC5402A-GW

ARC5402A-GW - Dahua Technology

It has some neat futures like a small monitor that can connect to Dahua IPC cams. I have yet to read the manual but it looks quite nice.. I know wireless is not great for security but i am also searching for a small monitor to see who is at the door so this could work out nice as a two in one solution ?

One problem is that it probably could be disabled easily if its hangin on the wall at the door lol.
I could use it as an alarm for other things like waterleak, firealarm and mayby not as a burglar alarm system.. Atleast Dahua seems ? more reliable than the z-wave systems i have been reading about.

The availibility looks like a problem. Mayby its too new ?
Also the ones i found are 433mhz. I would like 868mhz.

One other option is to only get a monitor but i dont know if Dahua got any IPC camera monitors ?

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After doing some research i am not going with Dahua for alarm only cams.
I read up about a system called Ajax. It seems to be the perfect compromise for me. Easy installation, wirless with good range, security and reliability of the wireless hardware. Only needs a few more updates on some functions that will come soon.

Ajax Systems

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nice web site design but I have never heard of the product.
The Web site does not seem to indicate any availability in the USA.
Do you know if it is and pricing?
Where are you located?

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice web site design but I have never heard of the product.
The Web site does not seem to indicate any availability in the USA.
Do you know if it is and pricing?
Where are you located?
Europe. It seems its only availible in EU at the time.
Its about $300 for a starter kit with main hub, one door/window sensor, one PIR sensor and a remote.
6K feet range in open space. It also changes channels automaticly if there is noise on one. 100 sensors/units can be connected and 10 RTSP cameras.
15H battery backup. Push notices, SMS or call. Can also be connected to alarmfirm. Alot more but its all in the specs.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Too bad. It looks like a lot of thought has gone into it and nice design...but could just be fancy marketing.
Let us know how well it works out for you if you buy]test it.

How do \ would the RSTP camera connection work?

Myllerman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Too bad. It looks like a lot of thought has gone into it and nice design...but could just be fancy marketing.
Let us know how well it works out for you if you buy]test it.

How do \ would the RSTP camera connection work?
I have not messed with RSTP myself yet but here they explain it. Most cameras can do this i think.
How to connect security cameras to the Ajax security system

Will be waiting a few months and see what other think of it before i buy. As you said it looks good but is it a solid reliable performer aswell.. From initial reviews it seems so but i want to wait for real life reviews from regular people of the community to answer that.

A system can work great for a week or a month but whats important is that it stays solid for a long time and not crash becouse of memory leaks and whatnot. Hopefully its a solid system !

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can also take a look at junk wireless alarm systems. I had a bad experience with Dahua wifi alarm systems, to put it quite simply I bought a couple to resell and they never worked. I own a small shop in the caribbean and that sells security systems, Dahua is currently my main brand for video surveillance but I was looking for a DIY solution for customers. Afte several disappointments in the wireless arena I also gave up hope. I then came across a brand named junk their parent company is xxxxxx who has been doing wireless alarms for quite some time now. I ordered a couple sample units to test and boy was I happy, set up was a breeze, app is solid and performance was great. I am now an offical distributor in my country for junk, I highly recommend them for anyone looking for a DIY burglar alarm system.
Why mess with these unknown brands...there are many known solid solution from Honeywell and others at low cost...

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Even if alarms designed by chinese companies worked well, the poor translations of the documentation would cause some much frustration you'd want to destroy it.

Read the installation manual for something like a Honeywell Vista 20p or DSC PC1832 and then imagine it poorly translated. Is your average soccer mom going to feel comfortable installing it no, but it isn't that hard I'm not sure the average alarm installer is college educated...

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No way, I will stick to my DSC. Reliable and could be integrated with other smart devices (controllers). And If you need self monitoring, add the Envisalink

Reaction score
I'm sticking with my self contained, I setup and manage, GE Concord system. Almost all the components and sensors were sourced via ebay (new) at very low cost. I especially would not go with anything made in Russia/Ukraine or China. I'd be too worried about undocumented back doors. Battery life on the sensors is 5+ years, and I don't need to worry about false alarms when out and about. It's a closed system with cellular access for reporting and monitoring. I would never connect a home alarm system to the internet. Security is far more important than convenience. Why else would you install an alarm?

alekslyse

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any experience if this alarm system from dahua can integrate with the NVR from dahua?

3lij4h

n3wb
Reaction score
Why mess with these unknown brands...there are many known solid solution from Honeywell and others at low cost...
I think you have a good point, I still don't see the value proposition of Ajax taking into consideration the hefty price tag.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm sticking with my self contained, I setup and manage, GE Concord system. Almost all the components and sensors were sourced via ebay (new) at very low cost. I especially would not go with anything made in Russia/Ukraine or China. I'd be too worried about undocumented back doors. Battery life on the sensors is 5+ years, and I don't need to worry about false alarms when out and about. It's a closed system with cellular access for reporting and monitoring. I would never connect a home alarm system to the internet. Security is far more important than convenience. Why else would you install an alarm?
you do your banking online? use the mobile app? it's called use strong encryption and audit your shit often.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Stick with known products that work, DSC, Honeywell and Interlogix (GE and 2GIG). Also ensure that monitoring is done thru UL listed central station. Verify everything with your insurance company. Don't be part of the unfortunate that learn the hard way.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Self monitoring done right, please explain?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just for example, look at bababouy and the work his company does. All their locations can self monitor but, they use an outside source for a reason. In certain cases outside monitoring for security works. With my monitoring I specifically like two-way voice communication. It enables my central station to not only listen into my residence, but also communicate directly live with anyone inside my home and it's all recorded for evidence.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
monitoring station gets an alert and calls you then calls the police, you can have the system alert you, or even you and your wife, you and a buddy, anything you want, the only issue I had was what to do when you are asleep offsite, solved with tasker, phone can wake me up now. I know some dispatchers and they don't care for monitoring companies much, they aren't getting any better response than you would be calling in. People that pay someone to sit and watch their cameras 24/7, yeah I can see that if you have open public spaces you need monitored, how much do they pay for that though? Are you going to pay to have a dedicated person watch your cams all day? Also do you really believe that even when you pay for that, the person sitting there, who probably makes minimum wage, is really watching all of your cameras non stop? A properly set up self monitoring situation is just as good as paying some company $25 a month. I'd be curious what bababouy charges, and if they legit claim to have one person's eyeballs on your cameras all day long, if they do, that can't be cheap.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Everything is designed off of alerts. In the alarm industry and several states are going to what's called verified alerts via audio or video., If the alarm signal can't be verified then you either get no response from authorities or low priority. With central station monitoring, for me that removes me having to physically verify the alarm and enables me to receive the full discount no questions asked from my Insurance company. Your insurance company can tell you anything, and I've seen it first hand. Unless it's written in your Insurance policy that self monitored alarm systems are approved and covered it is not and if something happens, they do not have to cover you. For me In this Industry I believe in it and have seen the results from both sides. I understand your point of view though.