Dahua and Hikvision put on the "entities list"

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Aren’t t you prematurely panicking? I thought the ban in the main is for government agencies to not work with them. Consumer product sellers will just apply for permission to carry on selling though prices may start to rise?

fresnoboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Aren’t t you prematurely panicking? I thought the ban in the main is for government agencies to not work with them. Consumer product sellers will just apply for permission to carry on selling though prices may start to rise?
Well, this is the same list Huawei was put on, which I think means US companies can't sell to them. That presumably means US chips etc... can't go in those devices. Do they use any of those?

But I'm not sure if imports are banned from those devices. But if they are going to be treated the same way Huawei is, that's not going to be good.

mike

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Not be a big problem, all service, warranty and business will go on as usual. Maybe their US company will be shut down, this is the worst thing that may happen.

newbs

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm in the process of building a house and lurking on these forums for a bit while planning for a camera system, and am a little concerned that with Hikvision and Dahua on the entity list, supply will be severely restricted and prices will skyrocket. One of my company's major customer was Huawei, and when they were placed on that list, there were immediate consequences. We had to stop millions of dollars worth of shipments right away, and stop doing business with them. People were not even allowed to meet or talk to anyone at Huawei, and needed to take special precautions even just to talk to people at Huawei's US-based subsidiary.

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We are also building a house and will be ordering another 14 or 15 Dahua cams from Andy, I’m not concerned. Regardless of what happens, resourceful Andy will get US cams. Where there is a will, there is a way.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
We are also building a house and will be ordering another 14 or 15 Dahua cams from Andy, I’m not concerned. Regardless of what happens, resourceful Andy will get US cams. Where there is a will, there is a way.
No worry, dahua or hikvision prepare for this ban more than 1 year ago, they have good solutions for this. Maybe Trump will make a great deal with China, who knows. ;)