Dahua ANPR Screenshots not saving via NVR

ooBENONIoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping someone can help.

I have a Dahua ITC-413 ANPR Camera camera connected with 7 other cameras to a Dahua NVR5216.
I was able to get the ITC set up and if I'm connected to the web manager at the time of an ANPR event (car is seen) it downloads the screenshots of the car and license plate directly through my browser.
I cannot however, figure out how to get those snapshots to save to the NVR for "playback" later.

I'm able to have the NVR AI settings send an email when ANPR event is detected, which sometimes includes a screenshot, however I believe in this case, the NVR is deciding what an ANPR event is, rather than the camera.

In addition, while running the original firmware on the ANPR Cam (was a 2.0 version), I was able to set target detection settings to motor vehicle, non-motor vehicle, and pedestrian.
Now, after updating to a 5.0 version of firmware, the motor vehicle option is un-checked and greyed out. The non-motor vehicle and pedestrian options are clickable but un-check themselves upon refresh after hitting apply.
I've tried both Chrome, as well as Edge running Internet Explorer Compatibility Page.
This ANPR camera has a red/blue warning light that can trigger when an ANPR event happens, and I have not seen it trigger since the firmware update.

Are there other settings I may be missing?

I have another camera on this NVR that has scheduled screenshots that have always worked correctly and shows up in playback in both SmartPSS as well as the web manager.

Thanks in advanced,
Ben

Attachments

Reaction score
I cannot however, figure out how to get those snapshots to save to the NVR for "playback" later.
Have you looked under AI -> AI Search -> Motor Vehicle Detection?
Screenshot 2024-04-08 110129.png
Although that may not work if Target Detection will not allow you to select Motor Vehicle. I have the LPR437 and I can't unselect it
Screenshot 2024-04-08 111129.png

ooBENONIoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you looked under AI -> AI Search -> Motor Vehicle Detection?
Yes, inside NVR web manager I can use AI, Motor Vehicle Detection like you described, however, this also sometimes captures cars that are not, (and will not be) crossing my ANPR snapshot line. (IE passing cars on the street behind not entering our driveway area) which seems odd.

It also clearly misses some vehicles that the ANPR camera did take a screenshot of and even recorded license plates.
For example, I just drove in front of the ANPR camera, it auto downloaded screenshots to my PC, with license plate info, but those instances do not show up in this AI search on NVR Web Manager.

Is this just because I happen to be connected to the camera so it downloads instead of pushing to the NVR?

Side Note: I was incorrect about the flashing lights, they are working correctly. They were just being washed out by the sun.

ooBENONIoo

n3wb
Reaction score
Update:
Dahua Support asked me to Factory Reset the ANPR Camera after upgrading firmware, which I had not done when I upgraded last week.

After the reset, my settings are correct and they are holding my selections. All my email events have attachments so far, and NVR->AI->Motor Vehicle Detection seems live and accurate so far!