Dahua ANPR

foxden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A good camera. It will be normal to recognize the numbers. You put Shutter Speed 1 \ 2000, Focal Length you choose so that on a distance where it is necessary to define its number it was visible. WDR better set up at night, you put the car and make settings. I have IPC-HFW4431R-Z.:)

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmm... I am playing with settings tonight. I have not investigated camera settings before so please be patient with me. I just found shutter speed. My camera option says "Shutter (0-333.3 ms)" It has 2 boxes for input. (right now shows 0 in 1st box and 40 in 2nd box). How do I set to 1/2000 and would I have the same setting for day and night? Also, for reference, the cars passing will have a speed range of 25 MPH - maybe 55 MPH.
shutter.JPG

foxden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm... I am playing with settings tonight. I have not investigated camera settings before so please be patient with me. I just found shutter speed. My camera option says "Shutter (0-333.3 ms)" It has 2 boxes for input. (right now shows 0 in 1st box and 40 in 2nd box). How do I set to 1/2000 and would I have the same setting for day and night? Also, for reference, the cars passing will have a speed range of 25 MPH - maybe 55 MPH.
View attachment 21278
You need to select a mode in the shutter tab. In general, the shutter speed is better to select by recording video with the passage of the car. First you put a delay of 1/1000 as a number, then the same but with 1/2000. The same thing should be done on a sunny day and at night. Since the higher the delay the better the number will be seen at night, but the machine itself and the background around it will be worse seen. In the daytime, the correct choice of the delay of the shutter eliminates the exposure of the sun.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
During the day after dawn I am able to get good plates with just auto settings.
This is the best I can do so far at night.
1/2000 or 1/2000 was about the same. I admit I need to read through the other LPR thread here tonight to look for other settings I should be adjusting such as gain range, brightness, contrast, sharpness, backlight, (does this do anything for LPR at night?). I think that is all I can adjust on the 5321 that could do anything. I am doing 30 fps (max) and highest bit rate. I will keep experimenting.
Capture01LPR.JPG

foxden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This 1/2000?
Judging by the picture, there is not enough IR illumination. At this level of shutter and sufficient IR should be like this.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This camera is certainly not the most appropriate choice for lpr but I am just trying to test with what I have. So you are probably right then. This modelmay not give enough IR for this purpose. The car speeds here are pretty slow too at about 25-35 mph.
Your image the car headlights look much dimmer than what I see. Mabe anoher setting to redue the light from the car in yours?

foxden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The problem of exposure is solved only by the shutter speed settings. Next, the better readability of the characters on the number you use the WDR settings.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok, I will leave at 1/2000 and test different WDR starting at 60.
Exposure next to shutter speed shows a default Gain of 0~50 (max 100).
Should I leave that at default?
My camera has backlight options of WDR, BLC, HLC.
I am not familiar those or if they can be useful.
I will leave at 1/2000 and test different WDR starting at 60

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Try HLC. It is meant to cut down on headlight bloom.
WDR typically produces motion blur for me at night.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for your help and information. I have managed to capture some plates at night with recommended settings. I will have to wait and get a better camera though as the model I use is just not optimal for any consistency and accuracy.

foxden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
New version Avtomarshal automarshal2 2.6.0 + web.zip
A new version of the system for recognition of numbers of cars "AutoMarshal 2.6" has been added, in which support for recognition of numbers of new countries has been added: Great Britain, Israel, Italy, and also improved rendering of numbers of the following countries: Latvia, Israel.

Web-client is translated into English, it implements the possibilities of viewing video over the Internet and adding guest lists.

Added the program module "Measurement speed" and support for the ICP CON ET-7052 I / O device, the integration with the Advantech 4750 I / O module was updated. The "Export data to disk" module added the ability to configure the file name of the uploaded images.

Other features of the new version of "AutoMarshal" include:
• sending SMS and e-mail when the trigger is triggered;
• Ability to specify a number pattern when manually recognizing and editing a journal entry;
• The "TC Status" tab has been removed, its functionality is implemented by the trigger system;
• Added the ability to turn off the display of the re-recognized number on top of the video in the main window of the "Auto-Marshal" software;
• Improved the shape of the direction of motion;
• the default parameters of recognition algorithms have been changed.

More information on all the innovations can be found on the Mullen Systems website and in the video on our Youtube channel:

trauts14

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SecurOS:

Yes. The instructions can be easily adjusted.
I can still advise the program Avtomarshal intuitively understandable interface and it is very convenient to make fine-tuning for different situations. But while they have a limited set of patterns of license plates of countries. I use it even at home, automatically opens the gate after recognizing the number :)
If you need I can put a 15 day demo version.
Avtomarshal:
View attachment 20234 View attachment 20235
Does: Avtomarshal recognize USA plates?

foxden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
New version Avtomarshall automarshal 2.7.3 + web.zipautomarshal 2.7.3 + web.zip
What’s new in Automarshal 2.7: • Recognition of number plates of Finland (FI). • Improved rendering of number plates of Lithuania, Estonia, Moldova, Bulgaria, Romania. • The columns "Country Flag" and "Country Code" added to the Recognition Log. • The format for displaying in the Recognition Log the duration of the vehicle’s stay in the territory was changed. • The possibility to filter entries by the direction of travel (entry/exit) added to the Recognition Log and the search window • For user lists, selection of fields from a fixed set is realized, which eliminates duplication of fields in the Recognition Log. • Saving revision history - editing vehicle data in user lists and in the Recognition log now does not change the information on previous passes of this vehicle. • In the manual verification window, the user list with its additional fields and the pass can be specified for each passing vehicle. • Additional fields can now be viewed and edited in the manual recognition window. • User rights now have to be verified to execute triggers. • A warning to create a backup copy of the database is displayed at the first start of Automarshal after the update. • In "Export data to disk" module the values of additional fields can now be recorded in xml files, the vehicle data (date, time, plate number, etc.) can be imprinted on the exported images. • In the FFmpeg video source, selection of the preferred protocol to receive data from the camera (TCP / UDP) was added. • Support for ICP CON (Ethernet) I/O devices of ET and PET series operating on the Modbus Slave protocol was added. • Improved integration with IDIS DVRs - possibility to send information in a custom (free) format with the help of triggers was added. • Web-client: trigger control, mechanism for restriction of rights to user actions, warning about the expiration of the pass, warning about using an unsupported browser in the Web client were added.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does anyone own or have experience with the Dahua ITC237-PW1A-IRZ or the
ITC237-PW1B-IRZ model ANLPR cameras with all the software built in?

I managed to pick up a PW1A model but have no documentation on how to set up or use it properly, or even if it is capable of capturing U.S. plates. It is around 10-20 deg F here lately so I do not yet have a chance to set it up outside so I'm trying to track down as much useful information about this camera until I have a chance to play with it out near the road and see what it does.

DH-PFA121

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I've been considering it but yet to pull the trigger. Would be very interested to hear how it works for you once you get it sorted out.

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well, after spending several hours trying to mess with the settings of the ITC237-PW1A-IRZ and googling how to properly set it up, (not much info out there and the Dahua documentation is quite poor), I am unable to get it to do much of anything other than show the video feed on screen. Either it is not working properly and I was ripped off, (ebay purchase), or I just don't know what I am doing. Several of the settings however do not allow me to set or change them, (simple stuff like the video or snapshot file path or manual detect button) so, although it is very possible I do not have a clue, I'm leaning toward the former here. It does appear to be the legit model mentioned based on the labeling and system config information but who knows. I cannot find any decent guides or videos for set up and contacting Dahua directly has yielded poor results as they of course expect me to deal with my local auth vendor and not with me directly.
I also cannot find any source for firmware updates for this camera.

foxden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
New version Avtomarshal automarshal 2.9.6 + web.zip

What's new in Automarshal 2.9:
* Recognition of number plates of Bulgaria and Kazakhstan improved.
* New types of number plates of Bulgaria, Kazakhstan and the Netherlands added.
* Rendering of number plates of Great Britain and Germany improved.
* The mechanism of data replication by means of SQL Server developed.
* The ability to set parking capacity and restrictions on the number of parking spaces for different users added.
* User roles can now be created and set up.
* In the record editing window, information on the duration of the vehicle stay in the territory added.
* In the manual verification window, the user can now select the type of vehicle, the driver and the direction of travel.
* "Driver’s list" directory added to user lists.
* Import/export of XML lists with passes added.
* The information on the number of passengers in the territory added to the Visits Report.
* The module for integration with car wash automation program "Clean-Control" was added.
* Web-client: The layout of the Recognition log page added.
* Web-client: Additional information about the vehicle for the selected record can now be displayed under the vehicle image in the Recognition log.
* Web-client: Entries can now be filtered by video channels.
* Web-client: The start and end time of the pass validity can now be specified.
* Web-client: Vehicle type can be specified when adding the number plate to the vehicle access list.
* Web-client: Additional fields can now be added to the guest lists.
* Web-client: Saving the settings of user interface layout added.