Dahua BIG PTZ Stability Issue

Turks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Turks and Caicos Islands, British Caribbean
Hi guys. I am losing my mind with an issue we are having at one of our client sites. We have about 5 Dahua SD6AL230F-HNI and for some reason they are the only cameras that keep going down. Then after about a full day of being offline they will suddenly reappear. We have tried with the power adapter as well as with POE++ 802.3bt switches. Any suggestions or help with this problem will be greatly appreciated. BTW we have about 6 bullet cams (regular poe) on the network as well and they never go down.

Turks

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Turks and Caicos Islands, British Caribbean
So our installer guy just told me that whenever I can’t see those big ptz she noticed that the cameras are spinning almost as if they are initializing but they never come up, they just keep spinning and eventually they come back up. What the hell??

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
^ +1 Andy is a member here @EMPIRETECANDY and has an Amazon presence as well.

Sounds to me like a power issue. The PTZ is getting just enough power, but not enough to fully initialize.

I suspect the camera and or power supply are operating right at the threshold of minimum power needed/provided. How long are the runs and pure copper or CCA wiring?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
So the cameras are powered by a local power source? If not, how long is the run between the camera and PoE switch and is it solid copper or CCA wire?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Still sounds like it's power related. I'd take one of the problem cameras down and bench test it. Were they all bench tested and "burned in" prior to installation? That can save a lot of headaches later.

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Still sounds like it's power related. I'd take one of the problem cameras down and bench test it. Were they all bench tested and "burned in" prior to installation? That can save a lot of headaches later.
Yeah, electronics are very, very touchy about power. Some models of cars will have all sorts of things go haywire when the battery starts to go bad. Most manufactures require a charger be applied to a vehicle with random electronics problems during testing, and often will default to replace the battery. Funny thing is that even with a working alternator you can have these types of issues.

With that being said, @Turks , describe the layout from the end of the fiber to each camera. Is it one power adapter? One per camera? Indoors, outdoors? Do all cameras fail at once, or not? And, how have you sealed the RJ45 connection at the camera? It should have dielectric grease on it.