Dahua camera not responding after reset

casperd

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I have performed a HW reset on two Dahua cameras (opening the camera, shorting the reset pins on the board).
  • DH-IPC-HFW4300S-V2-0600B
  • DH-IPC-HFW4300R-Z
After reset both cameras are discoverable on the factory IP 192.168.1.108, but no ports are open. The Dahua config tool cannot find the cameras.
Any ideas how to de-brick the cameras.
Thanks
Casper

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
Can you get to the camera's GUI by using a browser pointed to the 192.168.1.108 address?

casperd

n3wb
Reaction score
If it was that easy, I wouldn't need to ask the forum ;-)
No ports are open on the device, not 80 and not 37777, or any other port I have scanned.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In case you performed the reset a different way, consider trying this:
  • Remove power from the camera and wait 30 seconds.
  • While holding the reset button down (or shorting the two solder points), apply power.
  • Continue pressing/shorting during the boot process for at least 20 seconds, then release.

DG99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is the computer you are using to configure on the same network 192.168.1.x with the camera.

casperd

n3wb
Reaction score
Some progress, but not done.
If i prolongen the reset procedure (shorting the pins for a minute), the camera wakes up with GUI active, I can log in++, and access from config tool.
But as soon as I change the IP address, the camera disapears, not discoverable by the config tool, not to be found on a network scan.
It doens't matter what IP address I change to (subnet.ip) or if I set it to DHCP. no contact after IP change.
No difference if change is done in GUI or in config tool.
I have tried to find the IP addresswhen logged into telnet to the camera, but untill now without luck.

Sammyf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Are you using IE (not any other browser)? Did you try rebooting the computer?
A reboot of the computer has helped me when the GUI of a camera has acted strangely.

casperd

n3wb
Reaction score
On the FW revission of the camera, only Firefox works.
Some keyboard interpetaion error in crome (deletes tha char after entering)
Who are using IE -- odd question ;-)

It looks like certain subnets bricks the camera, all though the camera was on this subnet prior to factory reset.

casperd

n3wb
Reaction score
Camera was operational for a short period (on a undesired IP address).
After a power cycle camera is bricked again :'(

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Not odd - even on the newer firmware that supports websocket IE11 can fix some problems seen on other browsers.
Set MS Edge to use 'Internet Explorer mode' for the initial camera IP address and see if that allows the setting to stick.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
On the FW revission of the camera, only Firefox works.
Some keyboard interpetaion error in crome (deletes tha char after entering)

It looks like certain subnets bricks the camera, all though the camera was on this subnet prior to factory reset.
Many CCTV cameras are VERY sensitive to the browser being used. Some browsers won't show all the GUI (ie some buttons may be missing). Other browsers will show the full GUI, but not save changes or save them incorrectly (which sounds like your issue). While Windows Internet Explorer is EOL, you can/should still use it when trying to work with these cameras, especially when you are experiencing odd behavior using another browser. At the very least, be sure to turn on any "windows explorer" compatibility mode if you have to use another browser. Honestly I would suggest Microsoft Edge browser as a second choice, Chrome 3rd, and Firefox 4th.

Last edited:

casperd

n3wb
Reaction score
I have several of these cameras, IE & Edge are very bad, crome is challanging, only Firefox works.
This is NOT a browser issue, I can validate all settings with Telnet as well.