Dahua Camera's have a different IP range

AussieDean

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

New here so gidday from Brisbane, Australia. I have recently purchased a 4 Channel Dahua setup, pretty basic with just 3 cameras currently. One has Active Deterrence the other 2 standard cams. I have setup on my network and appear to be working ok. The NVR has an IP in my network range but when the cameras load into the list they have an IP of 10.1.65 - 66 and 67.

Main problem being is that I have setup tripwires which are working ok but the notifications sent have a different time stamp in the mobile app and they fail to load. I have tried to load the 10.1.1.65 IP address up in a browser but nothing happens? Is that to do with the http: instead of an https: address in the browser?

Should the cameras be in the same range as the rest of my network? I have tried to uninstall and reload but the issue remains.

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If that's a POE NVR, then the NVR has it's own private network for the cams on a different subnet than the NVR's LAN.

If you've opened the NVR's webGUI in a browser using its LAN address, generally, the quickest way to access the cam's webGUI to make cam configuration changes to it is to click on the "e" to the right of the screen shown on your #2 image; that should launch a browser and open the cam's webGUI.

Or, you could set your PC with a static IP to the same subnet as the cam's (10.1.1.XXX) and with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and plug your PC's LAN port directly into an open POE port of the NVR (more effort). Then open a browser to the cam's IP of 10.1.1.65,66 or 67.

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to set up that kind of stuff within the camera GUI, not the NVR interface.

Access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

1641560857602.png

AussieDean

n3wb
Reaction score
If that's a POE NVR, then the NVR has it's own private network for the cams on a different subnet than the NVR's LAN.

If you've opened the NVR's webGUI in a browser using its LAN address, generally, the quickest way to access the cam's webGUI to make cam configuration changes to it is to click on the "e" to the right of the screen shown on your #2 image; that should launch a browser and open the cam's webGUI.

Or, you could set your PC with a static IP to the same subnet as the cam's (10.1.1.XXX) and with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and plug your PC's LAN port directly into an open POE port of the NVR (more effort). Then open a browser to the cam's IP of 10.1.1.65,66 or 67.

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:
Thanks for that TonyR, starting to make sense now will have another look today re changing the PC to the same subnet. As in pic 2 above the blue Web Browser icons have always been greyed out and I can't access like that.

AussieDean

n3wb
Reaction score
You need to set up that kind of stuff within the camera GUI, not the NVR interface.

Access the NVR GUI by going to a computer and opening up a browser (preferably Internet Explorer) and type in the IP address of the NVR and login that way. Next go into the camera settings page on the NVR and look for the Microsoft e Web Browser and select it and it will go to the camera GUI (photo credit bigredfish from his PSA thread). Your screen may look a little different to get into the camera gui and see if doing it this way gets you access to some other features the NVR is blocking - do not worry about the Port number and circle as that was from another issue someone posted.

Simply select the blue IE icon and it will go to the camera GUI and from there you can set the camera parameters.

View attachment 114813
Thanks for the reply wittaj, main problem being is that from within the NVR login my Web Browser icons are all greyed out and have never been able to access like that. Open to any other ideas on how to access. Going to try the above idea from TonyR to see if I can get into the camera's that way

AussieDean

n3wb
Reaction score
Or, you could set your PC with a static IP to the same subnet as the cam's (10.1.1.XXX) and with subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and plug your PC's LAN port directly into an open POE port of the NVR (more effort). Then open a browser to the cam's IP of 10.1.1.65,66 or 67
OK so TonyR I did as instructed here and changed the PC's IP to the same subnet (10.1.1.69) then subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 .....Wasn't sure what to make of the Default gateway ...... my normal gateway being unifi 192.168.1.1 ...... that didn't work and tried 10.1.1.1

Also wasnt sure on the DNS server ...normally on auto but when I tried static ip it wanted DNS manual as well. I tried google on 8.8.8.8 and sec 8.8.4.4

Really frustrating ...I'm not sure if I have setup wrong here or not doing something right

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
DNS won't matter. You're not doing anything that requires names to be resolved.

AussieDean

n3wb
Reaction score
Also noticed this for cam 3 as well in the POE section ..... need a reset do you think? Doesn't now display the Port number like it did before. I have removed the re-added the cameras at different stages.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The port 37777 usually indicates you've added the camera manually. You need to let it add automatically
Now that you've messed with the Network settings on the cameras its hard to tell what you may get. I'd default them and start over

I've never seen cameras show a green indicator, have the proper port (1,2,3 etc) and proper IP's (10.1.1.x) and show the IE icon gray out..?
Can you show an entire screen cap of the camera registration page? Not just part of it.. something is odd.

I also notice that the camera models are not found on the Dahua Intl or AU site...I wonder if there is a compatibility issue? Maybe ping Andy @EMPIRETECANDY and see if he knows?

See this
***PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@AussieDean , if the blue “e” are greyed out, go into Network settings on your NVR and on your TCP/IP tab, make sure Virtual Host is ticked (enabled). Do what @bigredfish suggests first - reset everything and then make sure the Virtual Host option is ticked after your NVR is setup. Once that is enabled, you should be able to access your camera GUI by clicking the blue “e” as suggested above.

AussieDean

n3wb
Reaction score
Going to try and start agin with this setup ...driving me crazy. Do I reset the camera's from the reset button on the cams? Also the NVR will need a reset too I guess. Sorry to be a pain ..I'm learning slowly how these things work and I appreciate everyone's assistance.

I put the Virtual Host on and got the Web link to come up blue .... have allowed popups as well but still nothing. Still no access to cameras

Attachments

Last edited:

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I would disconnect the cameras, then reset the NVR using the default option in the NVR GUI. Once the NVR restarts and you configure it (eg time etc), add one camera to the NVR POE port 1 and wait for it to connect. Then add the second camera and so on. If you have the cameras connected via the POE ports on the back of the NVR, you should see Port1, Port2, Port3, etc, not 37777.

AussieDean

n3wb
Reaction score
I would disconnect the cameras, then reset the NVR using the default option in the NVR GUI. Once the NVR restarts and you configure it (eg time etc), add one camera to the NVR POE port 1 and wait for it to connect. Then add the second camera and so on. If you have the cameras connected via the POE ports on the back of the NVR, you should see Port1, Port2, Port3, etc, not 37777.
Thank you so much, can I just say how much I appreciate all your input here folks ..... got the restore process underway way so will do as you have suggested 1 camera at a time. Will keep you all updated.

AussieDean

n3wb
Reaction score
Thankyou all for the advice, hopefully all resolved now with a full restore of the NVR and cameras. I have reset one camera for now and adding one back at a time. Really not sure sure what happened there to be honest. I can access the cameras now as well so hopefully the others come back online as well.
Mobile app tripwire alarms working again as well and time stamps are inline as well.

Anyway thankyou very much I appreciate greatly all your help.

AussieDean

n3wb
Reaction score
All appears to be normal at this stage, all cameras showing correct ports now and tripwire and motion detection is functioning correctly. Not that I really need to get into the camera directly as the timestamps are the same now but when I click on the blue Web link for the camera nothing happens in Mozilla, IE brings up the error in the screen shot below. I use Mozilla mostly and it has worked previously. Makes me wonder if it has anything to do with Kaspersky AV?
I have installed Smart PSS now as well. What do most users use to access the Web GUI?

Attachments