Dahua cameras with Lorex NVR "Connection time is out!"

Prince68

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Lorex NVR connected to Lorex and Dahua cameras which was working fine until a recent firmware update. Now, when Live viewing the cameras on a desktop PC connected by LAN, after a certain amount of time a dialog box pops up which says "Connection time is out!"

Does anyone know what setting must be changed to fix this?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a Lorex NVR connected to Lorex and Dahua cameras which was working fine until a recent firmware update. Now, when Live viewing the cameras on a desktop PC connected by LAN, after a certain amount of time a dialog box pops up which says "Connection time is out!"

Hi @Prince68

Does the OSD work? ( On Screen Display - when a monitor is hooked up to the NVR )

What software are you using on the desktop to display the feeds?

Reaction score

did you ever find a way around this? lorex support says it's a default setting and this is how i view my cameras all day.

Prince68

n3wb
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I had that problem. I believe the solution was upgrading the software to Lorex's FLIRCloudClient, and most recently I changed to SmartPSS instead. They are both very similar and both use PC-NVR in the background. It can be a pain to set up right initially, but SmartPSS seems to work a lot better/smoother than FLIRCloudClient.

Prince68

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @Prince68

Does the OSD work? ( On Screen Display - when a monitor is hooked up to the NVR )

What software are you using on the desktop to display the feeds?
Sorry I wasn't specific. The OSD/monitor from the NVR was working fine. The only problem was viewing remotely on the LAN from another PC. Some sort of network issue last time Lorex pushed a firmware update.