Dahua cams keep falling off the network

rsg

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. I have 8 Dahua cameras connected via POE. 7 are older (2014) 2MP models and one is a more recent 4MP IPC-HFW4431R-Z.
My switch died recently and I replaced it with a TP-Link T1600G-28PS, and around the same time I had to replace my AT&T modem. After these events, the older cameras keep falling off the network and become unavailable in Blue Iris (No Signal, timeout errors) for several minutes before reconnecting. Curiously, the newer Dahua always stays connected.
The new switch has a 192W power supply. The only POE devices on this switch are the 8 cameras. I have tried updating the switch firmware, reboots of everything etc but nothing helps.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you able to make sure the PoE switch has ample power to supply power to the 8 cameras you currently have attached? You should make sure they have the correct compliance and that full throughput is enabled for each port. Problem is that is a switch is rated for certain number of watts the power is distributed based on the needs of the cameras. Certain PoE Swtiches are only able to provide maximum wattage per port (varies from model to model). Also have you checked to make sure the RJ-45 connections are properly crimped?

Reactions: rsg

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Also "coincidence" is something funny in IT. Did you have a thunderstorm or power surge issue back at these days? It might be that "something" hit your wires, even within the "limits", however enough to screw up your switch and modem, however not enough to knock off your cameras. They might have endured some injuries too. So follow the advices from ^^, test out each cam on a single (well working) 1 meter UTP cable, to ensure you have 100% visibility on the cam.

Good luck!
CC

Reactions: rsg