Dahua configuration help needed

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've recently purchased Dahua NVR2104HS-P-I2 4CH and 4 x Dahua 4K IP Camera IPC-HDW3849H-AS-PV-S3 8MP TIOC2.0 but struggle to manage them properly.
Before you judge me and drop your "RTFM" I need to inform I did spend plenty of time for that with no success and i'm mid-level IT literate :)

So, the issues are:
1) Despite multiple tutorials and videos watched, I'm not able to access the cameras themself remotely via P2P and that's a problem because some of the configurations on TiOC 2 can be made only on the cameras(illumination setting as example). I have the DHCP ON and connect successfully to the NVR via P2P.
I guess one of the main problems I face is the fact I have dynamic IP and my ISP doesn't want to provide a static one. Port mapping is failing or I am doing the wrong configurations on the Switch menu. Dahua did not bother to answer my request with manual how to configure the NVR.
2) Struggle to properly switch off alarms - lights and voice via DMSS. Also, once I manage to do so, the IVS rules are still there and the alarms still wake up the whole neighborhood. Aren't they supposed to be switched of along with the other alarms from DMSS menu?
3) AI is not showing basic AI -cats and dogs are detected as Human intrusion and bring some panic :)

Any help, thought, or reasonable constructive feedback would be highly appreciated :)

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
do you have a similar menu setup when you log into your NVR?
if you put the mouse on the blue Internet explorer icon and click it.... you'll end up at the ip address with an added port number....
1668839793651.png

Reaction score
Yes, I do have this when I have physical access to the device. Remotely ... not sure how I can do that?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
You wont get to the camera GUI from the app. Although i havent used DMSS for over a year.....I remember some basic functions were there.
Hopefully somebody with more experience sees this post soon.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The mobile app DMSS was never intended to be a 100% config tool for all NVRs and cameras. Its primarily for basic viewing and alerts.

You have to be able to reach the NVR and thus camera UI to be able to tweek fine level functions.

Recommend you look into OpenVPN

Reaction score
I'm aware DMSS is not for configuration, but how on Earth do I stop the camera alarms when I arrive at the destination?
There is no single arm/disarm button :(

What's the deal with OpenVPN? Configure the routers with VPN?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm aware DMSS is not for configuration, but how on Earth do I stop the camera alarms when I arrive at the destination?
There is no single arm/disarm button :(

BI offers profiles in which you can easily change the notification behavior (and others) of your system

Reaction score
SpacemanSpiff, thanks but your post is not helping :)
What do you mean bi BI- Business Intelligence or something other?
I know pretty well what is VPN, my question above was how this will help me solve my current puzzle...

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Either install OpenVPN on your router if possible; OR, purchase a Raspberry Pi (RPi) and install OpenVPN and/or WireGuard on it using this guide; OR, install ZeroTier (or TailScale) on an always-on computer on your LAN and access your system remotely that way. To use these options you will need to use a Dynamic DNS (DDNS) such as Dyn DNS or NoIP as you are getting a dynamic IP address from your ISP. Forget about port forwarding or using P2P as both are liable to getting hacked.

Reaction score
Ok, I do have a spare notebook I can switch on but that sounds like an unnecessary burden to me :)
Any idea what's the quickest way to disarm (stop the alarms) using the DMSS app or SmartPSS without setting up VPN?
I don't have the Disarm button in my menu and this one below doesn't stop the camera's alarms. Any ideas?
1669034234599.png

Reaction score
I'm also missing this icon on SmartPSS live view
If the top right of the Live View page next to the time there is a
1656289883188-1656289883188.png
icon.Click this to arm/disarm the deterrence features. Red means it is armed. Grey is disarmed.

Reaction score
Okay, I have some update on my struggle :)
Happens that macOS SmartPSS version is having a bug not showing the Link to Web for the NVR. Via Windows machine i'm able to access the NVR menu(opens ), I can see the cameras status green, IE icon to connect to their platform. So far so good, but when I try to connect to the cameras themself I get Unable to connect to this website, which is in the same 127.0.0.1. Any tips or tricks?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
127.0.0.1 is what is referred to as a loopback address, and it points to itself (the device you are on when using the specific address).

replace 127.0.0.1 with the IP address you assigned to the NVR