DAHUA configuration on 4G not working

MessMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi to all,
I just managed to configure the DAHUA to work on direct IP with the gDMSS app.
But i can only see cams when im connected to the same wifi network as the DAHUA.
As soon im out on 4G or in another Wifi network i stop seeing cams.

I installed OpenVPN and VPN servers on android, but still cant figure out how to use the details in order for it to work.
Anyone had the same issue?

I just read that its not advisable to use port forwarding on router because of security issues.

i have STATIC IP turned on, IP and port are working because i can see images on local wifi network.

Thanks for the help!

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The OpenVPN server is installed on your network with the camera, not on the android. On android is the OpenVPN client.

A lot of us here run OpenVPN server on the Router that is connected to the modem on the network with the cameras. I use an ASUS router.

=================================
Private ip addresses. Local IP addresses. These addresses are NOT used by the internet. They are for your local home/business network. You can not directly access these address on the internet.

10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255

MessMan

n3wb
Reaction score
The OpenVPN server is installed on your network with the camera, not on the android. On android is the OpenVPN client.

A lot of us here run OpneVPN server on the Router that is connected to the modem on the network with the cameras. I use an ASUS router.
Oh, thank for the info.
But how do i install the OpenVPN server on my network?
I have acess to my router via IP address on web browser.
I have a HUAWEI HS8247W router.

Any tips on how to go from here?
thanks!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, thank for the info.
But how do i install the OpenVPN server on my network?
I have acess to my router via IP address on web browser.
I have a HUAWEI HS8247W router.

Any tips on how to go from here?
thanks!
Most of us purchase a router that has OpenVPN on it, such as Asus. So if it is not native to your router, you see if there is an open source update someone did to create it or purchase a managed switch that allows OpenVPN to be configured on it. Some have done it with a Raspberry Pi as well. I am sure some others have done it differently as well.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what most of us do is use a router that supports OPenVPN, i use an ASUS router. You place your router/modem into bridge/bypass/passthru mode so it is only a MODEM, it will no longer be your router.

if you are using Vodafone it may not be possible to place in bridge mode. Each country has different telecommunication rules. Contact your internet provider.

There are other ways to set up OpenVPN, but I am not well versed in do that.

if you are on vodaone see