Dahua connection issues ex-ADT

ExpoN00b

n3wb
Reaction score
I have four Dahua PoE cameras that the previous owner had ADT install at our house. I think they are HDBW44A1EN or similar.

They also left the ADT branded DVR (nvr42088p4k-adt) so I know the cameras still work.

I can see the cameras on the network but cannot connect and they don't have any ports open (e.g. 80, 443, 554, 37777, 37778). I've scanned 1-50K.

I reset one of the cameras and it changed IP address and name on the DVR.

Does ADT do anything to lock down the cameras they install? Any ideas on how to reset and connect to the cameras?

It seems like a waste to rip them out and replace them, but I'll do that if necessary. My goal is to connect them to my Synology NAS.

All ideas welcome and thanks in advance.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see the cameras on the network but cannot connect and they don't have any ports open (e.g. 80, 443, 554, 37777, 37778). I've scanned 1-50K.
If the cameras are plugged into PoE ports on the DVR (NVR?) then they will not be visible on the same network as the NVR LAN interface is running on, the PoE ports operate on a separate network.
You should be able to find the cameras if you connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port and run the Dahua Config Tool.

I reset one of the cameras and it changed IP address and name on the DVR.
Was that IP address in the same range that the LAN segment is operating on?