Dahua corridor mode

Reaction score
Hello
Does anyone know if it is possible to improve the appearance of the image of the cameras switched to corridor mode?
I have cameras filming store and warehouse shelves, I rotated the cameras 90° and set the "flip" setting to 90° too. The image is therefore straight on the mosaic but compressed because it remains in portrait format.
I hope that is somewhat clear!
Thank you for your help, have a good evening

Attachments

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
you need dmss then go to camera device details inside the app (three dots) .. then stream settings

video player size: original.

does not work with gdmss plus !

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Following this, what you describe sounds correct:
1. rotate cam 90° gives you a 'portrait' mode image, but sideways image
2. flip image 90° via camera UI to correct image orientation

How does this image look from the camera UI? Guessing it's the viewer you are using.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Following this, what you describe sounds correct:
1. rotate cam 90° gives you a 'portrait' mode image, but sideways image
2. flip image 90° via camera UI to correct image orientation

How does this image look from the camera UI? Guessing it's the viewer you are using.
+1

Depending on camera model, some have the option to rotate the lens itself. As opposed to having to change how the camera is mounted to achieve the 90° rotation

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you need dmss then go to camera device details inside the app (three dots) .. then stream settings

video player size: original.

does not work with gdmss plus !
Thank you for pointing this out. Works like a charm in DMSS, but not in the NVR Blue GUI. On the System>Display menu, I ticked the ‘Original Rate’ box for the same camera and the live feed came out black as if there was none to be shown but on the iPad it shows it is running and recording. I am not hopeful that Dahua will address this issue with a firmware fix because my model is an ‘EOL’ and staked down by them (pun intended) by removing the IVS feature back in ‘17.

For this reason, I am going back to non-corridor mode and just be content with having to stare mostly at a stucco wall on both sides of the video. I’d rather have this inconvenience than not being able to review footage at all on the GUI.

Depending on camera model, some have the option to rotate the lens itself. As opposed to having to change how the camera is mounted to achieve the 90° rotation
Aesthetically, that is the way to go. But for convenience sake, I prefer just moving the eyeball.