Dahua Dash Camera

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm a Viofo person, good to see more competition though

Forgot all about this, Dahua branching into dash cams is something of great interest to me, I’m due to review a Vantrue dash cam and compare it against a Viofo a119v3, might get a Dahua to see how it compares.

Reaction score
Hey guys the Dash camera has some delay, will come back at Oct, still have some hardware to perfect.
It's probably too late in the engineering/production time frame...but yea...Mini-USB power connection is so 2010 :) Wonder if Dahua can easily swap it out to the Type-C (I think?) power connection before going public.

NorthBendDave

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Do we have final specs on them, and are there other "accessories" available? (like extra window mounts to change between cars)

Dahuacam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys

We are so glad to release the new series of Dash Camera with high resolution that features easy installation and operation. The device can be communicated with its DH Dashcam app through built-in Wi-Fi.

The built-in G-Sensor can automatically lock the currently recording video when it senses a crash or strong vibration to prevent the video from being overwritten. MicroSD cards up to 128 GB are supported. The built-in mic and speaker can be used to record and play back.
Will get some samples to test, lol

• Ø 1080P~4KP ultra high resolution image
  • Ø Wide field of view 123°~131°
  • Ø Mini body with3 inch screen(optional)
  • Ø Wi-Fi AP module
  • Ø G-Sensor module supports collision detection and video lock
  • Ø Supports MicroSD card up to 128 GB
  • Ø Compatible with mobile client for setup, live view, recording search and backup
  • Ø Voice control
View attachment 132230

Andy
Bought one recently, very nice camera with excellent image, only have one problem. Every time i go aboe 80 kilometers per hour an alarm initiates and the only way to silence it is to drop speed. I cannot find a setting to adjust this or to disable it. Please help!!

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bought one recently, very nice camera with excellent image, only have one problem. Every time i go aboe 80 kilometers per hour an alarm initiates and the only way to silence it is to drop speed. I cannot find a setting to adjust this or to disable it. Please help!!
Which one do you have? Does it have gps? Otherwise how is it gathering your speed data? . If you have an app maybe look there as if the camera doesn’t have gps it must be using an app or something.

Dahuacam

n3wb
Reaction score
Which one do you have? Does it have gps? Otherwise how is it gathering your speed data? . If you have an app maybe look there as if the camera doesn’t have gps it must be using an app or something.
It is the Dahua S5 dashcam and I have the app but there is no setting to enable/disable GPS nor any setting for the speed alert.