Dahua day/night switch utility - DahuaSunriseSunset

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
perhaps if I can find out how to delete the day/night addon? I seem to be getting all sorts of issues since installing....

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, but where?
If you don't remember where you put it, check task manager's Details tab for a process starting with Dahua and right click it. You can find the exe from this menu. To uninstall, just run the exe and choose Stop then Uninstall, close the app, and delete the folder you extracted it into.

Shotglasspeppa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Installed this, started the service but when I click the "get current zoom/focus" the dialogue box doesn't come up. Has anyone else had this issue?

TheGooginator

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just installed this for my IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E will be trying it out tonight changing to my night time profile and zooming in more for easier LPR. Thanks for creating such a useful tool as I build out my Dahua camera setup I think this will get more and more useful. @bp2008

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure what changed in my system but channel 2 of my IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M will not respond to Sunrise/Sunset anymore. Channel 1 works fine.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just checked my E2-M cameras and the utility is working for both channels. I am on version:

2.622.0000000.32.R, Build Date: 2019-08-27

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I just checked my E2-M cameras and the utility is working for both channels. I am on version:

2.622.0000000.32.R, Build Date: 2019-08-27
I'm going to upgrade soon to the latest build and hope the issue goes away.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@bp2008 is it possible to add a tick box to get the camera led to come on at night with this software?

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
guys - this is a very long thread and have read a few pages. Am I accurate in saying that even today, Dahua cameras like the 5231 don't have the ability to turn on IR at a specific time and I'll have to use an external utility running on Windows to do this?

Thx

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No thats not the issue here. Dahua cameras are perfectly capable of doing that as with most cameras.

This is about forcing a certain focus with longer zoom lens on the Z12 model for instance at night when you are running very fast shutter and the image is so dark .(on purpose) the camera cant focus on anything. Typically this problem is with License plate reading use.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I didn't go through all the posts on this topic to see if anyone else has had this problem and/or a fix. I noticed the utility wasn't working automatically as it has in the past (manual simulations do work)...I couldn't figure out why, but if you look at the attachment, the date reflects 10/7...yet today is 10/6 6:40pm, so no wonder it's not working. I can't point to any event that may have caused this so am reaching out for advice. Thanks!

Capture2.PNG

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Looking at that, and I don't write code at all, it looks like it switched time zones on you even though it has the correct longitude which is weird. Have you tried stopping and restarting with a reboot? Is the PC time correct? I hope BP pops in here.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking at that, and I don't write code at all, it looks like it switched time zones on you even though it has the correct longitude which is weird. Have you tried stopping and restarting with a reboot? Is the PC time correct? I hope BP pops in here.
Thanks Sebastiantombs. I did try to stop/start the utility and I've tried to reboot. PC time is correct. I'm at a loss :D

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Next up would be to uninstall and reinstall Sunrise/Sunset. You can save the config file to so you don't have to re-enter all the cameras again.

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Next up would be to uninstall and reinstall Sunrise/Sunset. You can save the config file to so you don't have to re-enter all the cameras again.
I'm on an older version, so I just need to go to Bp's github and download v1.6. Is there an installation method or just run the dahuaSunriseSunset.exe file?

Edit: I dl'd and ran the exe file (kept the old config file). Seems to be working now; thanks for your help :D

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know that I was that much help. I'm sure you would've gone the same route, but sometimes that can't be seen because of the trees in the forest :D