Dahua DB11 install question

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi All:

So I installed my DB11 doorbell. (see photo below). I have an electronic chime. Installed app on phone all went well (door bell rings on dahua unit, I get video, I can talk thru it etc...) except the electronic chime does not work when door bell is actuated. I have checked and re-checked wiring it is quite simple. Any clue how to get the electronic chime to work? I put the push button that was working back in the loop instead of DB11 and all works fine.

Thanks for any help.

M

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What are the ratings on the doorbell transformer? Users with 16V/10VA transformers have had issues that were resolved by getting a transformer capable of supplying more current, rated 30VA.

I don't have any of the doorbell cams just recall reading that this had been an issue with some doorbell cams depending on how much current they draw and what the existing transformer rating is.

This may affect you since your electronic chime is paralleled across the circuit....just a guess.

Last edited:

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a mechanical chime. I went from chime kit to board red to red , black to black using the chime kit, green balun and the piece of red and black wire supplied. I selected mechanical in the imou app

Attachments

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I rebooted the iPhone and re-installed from scratch and it is now working. Can't seem to find a way to shut off the actual DB11's doorbell sound which is lame.

Here is a photo snagged from a short video. I will play with quality some hopefully. Also the doorbell does not connect to wireless 5ghz only 2.4ghz. Hopefully futures versions will do 5ghz.

Thanks

MIMG_1851.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Although a light is glaring a tad, I want to congratulate you on having your flag illuminated at night, perhaps from another light source. She looks great.

I see too many that are left out after dusk, in the dark. Even worse, I see just as many that are so tattered and faded. I'd rather she not be flown at all if she's shown so little respect.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know if the DB11 has a web configuration? I cannot find a video feed for our NVR to record. Suggestions?

Thank you

M

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know if the DB11 has a web configuration? I cannot find a video feed for our NVR to record. Suggestions?

Thank you

M
No but just find its ip address on your router.. if that's what you mean

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I have a Generic NVR. It works great with the other 9 HDW5xxx cameras. All I do is set the NVR to the IP addressed assigned by router enter the username / password for the cameras on the NVR. I am guessing the DB11 does not have a configuration page like the other Dahua cameras.

M

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I have a Generic NVR. It works great with the other 9 HDW5xxx cameras. All I do is set the NVR to the IP addressed assigned by router enter the username / password for the cameras on the NVR. I am guessing the DB11 does not have a configuration page like the other Dahua cameras.

M
I doesn't have the web interface page but I found the IP address on my router and connected with bi no problem so nvr should work as well I'd say

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My NVR does not find the DB11. It is ONVIF right?

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does anyone have the setting for the DB 11? It does not show up as ONVIF. I know it's IP address and password but I can't access the video stream at all.

Help Please.

M

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well that is what I get for reading the manual. The manual says by default the name is the Serial Number. I found 3 drivers that work (see photo). I am impressed with the IR of the small wireless DB11 in total dark. (See photo) I noticed a member built an angling bracket for their doorbell. I may do that in the near future.

Mdb11-drivers.pngdb11-ir.png

Revlus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Considering where my original doorbell was, I find putting the DB-11 there, I can't see faces when they ring the bell. I'll need to angle it as well.