Dahua DB11 install question

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Considering where my original doorbell was, I find putting the DB-11 there, I can't see faces when they ring the bell. I'll need to angle it as well.
I used this with mine.. just had to drill one new hole in the db11 metal mounting plate

Adjustable Angle Wall mount for Ring 1, 2, and Nest Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell, 30-55 Degree Adjustable Corner Kit Angle Adapter (Doorbell NOT Included) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FS8S142/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_T5qXCb186DWQ0

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
I am considering buying this item and I want to ask a clarifying question:
(1) Were you able to find the DB11 on your NVR AND were you are to record the video directly to your NVR?

(2) Is this device confirmed to by ONVIF? I am planning on buying a HIKVISION NVR and I want something that will work with it. EDITED: I found the answer to this.

Last edited:

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed anything but is there a phone app that works with the DB11?

MCanon160

n3wb
Reaction score
I’m late to the party but I just got this doorbell on a good Black Friday sale. Unfortunately it can not operate with a router that puts out both 2.4ghz/5ghz. I have a Google WiFi mesh system and there isn’t a way to turn off the 5ghz frequency. I know most routers you can turn off one or the other. Didn’t think I’d have to worry about that since most WiFi devices can figure out which frequency out of the two to use.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m late to the party but I just got this doorbell on a good Black Friday sale. Unfortunately it can not operate with a router that puts out both 2.4ghz/5ghz. I have a Google WiFi mesh system and there isn’t a way to turn off the 5ghz frequency. I know most routers you can turn off one or the other. Didn’t think I’d have to worry about that since most WiFi devices can figure out which frequency out of the two to use.
Mine works with an ASUS dual band router

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My Cisco (Linksys) dual band router works fine. I have both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. No sure why yours doesn't work but you could get a 2.4ghz extender and use that to interface to.

M

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
My Cisco (Linksys) dual band router works fine. I have both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. No sure why yours doesn't work but you could get a 2.4ghz extender and use that to interface to.

M
Anyone losing signal when ir kicks on?

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mine reboots (goes off line) once in a while (like days apart) not to sure what that is all about, but I can live with it. Not real happy with IR, but it does not effect stream, just picture. Pretty sure it is it's location, but I had no choice.

M

MCanon160

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you. I ordered a 2.4 ghz extender to run the doorbell during setup. Hopefully after that the doorbell won’t be picky and can use my normal router

KaiserPK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All:

So I installed my DB11 doorbell. (see photo below). I have an electronic chime. Installed app on phone all went well (door bell rings on dahua unit, I get video, I can talk thru it etc...) except the electronic chime does not work when door bell is actuated. I have checked and re-checked wiring it is quite simple. Any clue how to get the electronic chime to work? I put the push button that was working back in the loop instead of DB11 and all works fine.

Thanks for any help.

M
Did you ever get your chime to work? I am facing similar issue with my Dahua DB11 - i wired up everything according to the installation manual - doorbell itself works fine, but my mechanical chime doesn't work ring anymore.

Anyone else had similar issue, please feel free to chime in!

Regards,

pK

Attachments

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I never got a mechanical chime to work, just an electronic one. Been a while but I purchased another electronic chime and it worked fine. There is a delay between the push of the doorbell and the ring of the inside chime ~3 secs or so.

M

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat - have purchased the Imou DB11 to replace a Nest Hello.

On the plus side, the video is hugely superior to the Nest and with it being able to be piped straight into my BlueIris installation, I'm really pleased with it. But...

I also cannot get a mechanical chime to work, and without this ability it's pretty much useless as a doorbell. I've tried wiring it up every which way from the following instructions (DahuaWiki) even noting that a mechanical chime, apparently, doesn't need the chime kit. But nothing works.

I also noticed that in the app, it doesn't remember the third party chime assignment - every time I go back into that setting it's forgotten that I've already set it. Perhaps it's the app that's stuffed - it allows the setting but doesn't actually save it.

Have emailed Imou support in the hope that they can offer some assistance and will post back if I'm able to get it working.

Reaction score
Hi @KaiserPK @Gadget -X ...

I've just bought a Dahua/Imou DB11 doorbell and have had issues with getting the chime to work. I've followed the instructions to the letter and still get nothing, so in frustration ordered the Imou WiFi chime figuring that it should work without question. I was wrong - still nothing when you push the button, not even a push notification on my phone and (more interestingly) not even a missed call logged in the app. In fact, there was only one missed call which was when I initially set it up five days earlier. So I decided to start again from scratch, new accounts, new IP addresses, the works.

And this is when I stumbled on why it wasn't working.

It was because the camera was (successfully) connected to BlueIris that the button was doing nothing and as soon as I started again I found that not only did the WiFi chime work almost instaneously, but my mechanical chime also worked perfectly. No settings were needed for the mechanical chime, just wire it up as per the instructions for a mechanical chime here -
And as soon as I piped the video feed into BlueIris, all button/chime activity stops working, which pretty much makes it useless for what I need. Unless the BI config needs some additional settings...?

I've attached a screen grab of my BI LAN config of the DB11 (this is the config that successfully sends the video feed into BI but stops it working as a doorbell):

I wondered if anyone had any ideas for getting this working in BI as well as a doorbell?

Attachments

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is it an electronic chime. Did you install the relay module? Ours is recording on our NVR and rings outside and on our chime...

M