Dahua DH-IPC-HDBW2300R-Z or Dahua SD22204T-GN

clueless

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ok so I want two Dome Cameras for the front of my property sitting nicely under the eaves at about 12feet from the ground.

The plan is to have one Camera facing the straight across the driveway overlooking the road which is about 10 meters from the Camera.

The other camera would be facing across the front of the House.

For the price that these Cameras I am tempted to get two of Dahua SD22204T-GN.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Dahua-2Mp-Full-HD-Network-Mini-PTZ-Dome-Camera-SD22204T-GN/32506328585.html?spm=2114.13010208.99999999.264.XSncGN

The other Camera DH-IPC-HDBW2300R-Z has IR and higher 1 megapixel higher and got fairly good reviews on http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=2567

What do you guys recommend?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI The first camera has no onboard IR..higher MP does not mean better.

gordo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Also the SD22204T-GN is a 4x ptz while the other is vari-focal.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was also planning to buy the SD22204T-GN units for my new house.
But now i found out it supports only basic motion detection and no ivs (is written "optional" in the data sheets)
I have asked 2 aliexpress sellers to explain me what it means and if the full ivs options (linecrossing, intrucion) are possible.
One responded that it has only Face recognition working for IVS right now.
The other claims it is public holiday for this week, so he will answer after 8th of this month.
This optional is strange, if you search dahua site: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/search-ivs-1_2.html
Almost every camera has written optional.
In de dahua wiki they explain IVS is only with types that end on I, so it would mean SD22204T-GNI
But you can hardly find anything on that.
Perhaps someone her know how that works with Dahua ?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it says IVS optional ask the vendor before buying and get it in writing..

clueless

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks highlighting that; I did not know the difference between the two.

I have just googled.

I am better off buying of each. I think.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats a NVR, not a camera..

Ive got 3 cameras with IVS, all were listed optional.. only one has -I in its model#

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
HF5421E has Audio/Tripwire/Intrusion/Abandoned/Scene Change/Facial
HFW4431M-AS-I2 & HFW4421D-AS has Audio/Tripwire/Intrusion/Abandoned/Scene Change/Loitering/Crowd Gathering/Fast Moving/Facial/Parking

im only using intrusion/linecross

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
HF5421E has Audio/Tripwire/Intrusion/Abandoned/Scene Change/Facial
HFW4431M-AS-I2 & HFW4421D-AS has Audio/Tripwire/Intrusion/Abandoned/Scene Change/Loitering/Crowd Gathering/Fast Moving/Facial/Parking

im only using intrusion/linecross
HFS5421E: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hf5421e-1004.html
Claims: Smart Function(Optional)

HFW4431M-AS-I2: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hdw4431m-3501.html
Claims: Smart Function(Optional)

HFW4421D-AS: http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/ipc-hfw4421d-as-1200.html
Claims:
Smart Function(Optional)

so still hope for me the mini ptz supports ivs

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thats a NVR, not a camera..

Ive got 3 cameras with IVS, all were listed optional.. only one has -I in its model#
I'm confused. You have cameras with IVS yet were listed optional? Are they with or without IVS? I understand the last one with the "I" -- that definitely has that feature.

It is also my understanding that in order for IVS to work, both IPC and NVR must have that feature, right?

Looking at your equipment list I could tell you have the 'international' version NVR that supports it. How much did you pay for it?

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yes I have cameras with IVS that were listed optional, they have IVS regardless of model number.. I confirmed with vendor that they had IVS before buying.

you dont need NVR for IVS, the camera can do it on its own if your recording to local storage, sending an email, or using it to trigger a local alarm output.. but if you want your NVR to recognize the events, then yeah you need an IVS one too.

I paid ~$250 shipped for mine, IVS only works on one specific firmware release but I'm hoping to modify newer firmware to change that.

Reactions: Tic

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
...IVS only works on one specific firmware release but I'm hoping to modify newer firmware to change that.
Thanks for the heads up...at least you reminded us that we can't just change firmware on a whim.

clueless

n3wb
Reaction score
nayr,

I seem to have overlooked the SD59212S-HN

Do the cameras come with any brackets? I will need to fix a wall bracket as the Eaves support will be flimsy due to being thin plastic.

and what about power - will POE suffice?

I take it you have not experienced any weather issues with it ie lens fogging up etc

Thanks

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
it comes with a wall bracket.. uses PoE+ (802.3at).

earlier this year a heavy wet snow storm gunked it all up.. but all my cameras were blind after that, knocked the snow off the lens then re-init'd the PTZ and its been online since.. no other issues.

clueless

n3wb
Reaction score
nayr, sorry to ask you noobie question but PoE+ (802.3at) is that something extra like a POE injector I need to purchase?

If so, can you recommend? I dont want to order cameras only then to realize that I should have ordered extra accessories.

In my previous install I did use POE injector but only for old Vivotek as they were not POE ready.

clueless

n3wb
Reaction score
right but if i have POE ready NVR then I dont need POE injector right?

I have a feeling you are going to say.....wrong! it's one of those Homer Doh moment for me

I am off to bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you have a PoE+ ready NVR then you wont need the injector.. Original Standard PoE (802.3af) has a power celling of ~14.5W, The new Plus Standard PoE (802.3at) has a power celling of ~24.5W and is backwards compatible with 802.3af

If your NVR can provide adequate power, it will work.