Dahua DH-IPC-HFW13A0SN-W 8mm

CDC Dave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I purchased this camera and set up yesterday using Blue Iris. The only problem I have is motion detection
is check marked when triggered but, it continually records up to 1 hour and 52 minutes.
I checked the 22 pages on the IP Cameras Dahua forum and saw no solutions to my problem.
How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I purchased this camera and set up yesterday using Blue Iris. The only problem I have is motion detection
is check marked when triggered but, it continually records up to 1 hour and 52 minutes.
I checked the 22 pages on the IP Cameras Dahua forum and saw no solutions to my problem.
How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.
The type of camera is irrelevant to blue iris...post your blue iris settings, are you sure its recording continuously and not just combining the triggered events because you have combine and cut set?

CDC Dave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
are you sure its recording continuously and not just combining the triggered events because you have combine and cut set?
I don't know the answer.

See attached settings.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Its likely simply combining the clips since you have combine and cut set. Also, why are your recording to mp4? use bvr, this will allow you to playback a clip even while recording...additionally you are not using direct to disc, using it will dratically reduce cpu consumption. Finally you should adjust that camera downward, at night the IR (if you are using it) will reflect off the soffit.

CDC Dave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I changed to bvr and changed to direct to disc but, still the same problem.
How do I find/change combine and cut set?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I changed to bvr and changed to direct to disc but, still the same problem.
How do I find/change combine and cut set?
Those two suggestions had nothing to do with your issue - they were just suggestions..remember that with direct to disk you need to use your cameras own time stamp as that wont record the BI timestamp (though you can add it back when exporting, if your record in bvr). Combine and cut is in the record tab.

CDC Dave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you it's working now except: the video shows the car pulling up but stops before the person in the car leaves the vehicle.How do I extend the video to show the person?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you it's working now except: the video shows the car pulling up but stops before the person in the car leaves the vehicle.How do I extend the video to show the person?
in the trigger tab, you need to set the break time to longer than 10 seconds...I would suggest at least 30...

CDC Dave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Today I watched a school bus pull up to my driveway to turn around in the cul de sac: the motion detection did not turn on so I triggered it manually. When I clicked on that image it had recorded the bus approaching and stopped(23 seconds).
I have included settings. Completely frustrated. Please advise.1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG4.JPG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

CDC Dave

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
drop down list: 1Active 2Work hours 3Profile 3 4Profile 4 5Profile 5 6 Profile6 7Profile 7. It is set for 1Active
I tried to Insert Image of the video but got error message Invalid File