Dahua DHI-VTH2421FW-P - reduce the ring time !?

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my Dahua DHI-VTH2421FW-P model is driving me crazy. It is not possible to reduce the duration of the alarm below 15 seconds through the settings.
It is unacceptable, if someone rings the doorbell you don't need to ring continuously for 15 seconds, a single sound is enough to not disturb.

There are only two ringtones by default. I tried to replace them by adding a new ringtone. There are many limitations to doing this through the micro SD card. The file must be PCM audio under 100Kb (it's crazy)
I tried to get around the limitations by creating a very compressed 15 second long PCM file. The first two seconds have audio, the rest are blank. The problem is that the sound still plays in a loop, I've tried everything.

Is it possible to get around this problem? Is there an applicable solution? Thanks for the support

tobity

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
this is exaclty what I'm looking for. I also tried a 15 second file with a blank part with no success.
It would be so easy if there was a setting to play the file only once.
Any solutions?

Thank you!

bentson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes very annoying. I'm running the android version of the Dahua VTH and have the same issue.
I can't get it to update the ring tone either, the procedure must be different to the Linux VTH.

fanavity

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same issue with 10'' Android version. Its very weird, If someone have a solution, please tell us!