Dahua Ethernet Pinout Bridge

Reaction score
I need to rewire the ethernet connection on my Dahua camera because a couple of the pins rusted off. I got the wiring from another thread.

1-Brown
2-Purple
3-Orange
4-Yellow
5-Yellow
6-Blue
7-Gray
8-Gray

Pins 4&5 and 7&8 are confusing me a little. I understand that the camera is using 2 wires bridged into 1 but I am not sure how to go about that with my keystone. Am I literally just punching a second wire between 4-5 and 7-8? Is there room to do that in a keystone? Will 2 wires punched into the same place work? Any pictures or diagrams of this is appreciated.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What I did was take the yellow wire from the camera, made sure it was about an inch longer than I would normally have it when punching into keystone, and then punched it down in slot #5 (using a tool that doesn't automatically snip away the excess wire).

At that point, the yellow wire was punched down in #5 like normal, and there was about an inch of yellow wire hanging out on the side of the keystone, next to the #5. I fed that remaining bit of the yellow wire backwards into slot #4 (so it enters slot #4 from the outside of the keystone), punched it down, and then used a pair of small scissors to carefully snip the excess off (because the excess is in the center of the keystone, as the wire came in from the outside).

I did the same kind of thing with the gray wire.

This isn't a very helpful picture (because the cap is on the keystone on the side you want to see) but it might give you the idea of how the one original wire from the camera gets punched down twice.