Dahua eyeball camera mounting - it sees too much of my wall. Any advice for installation/mounting?

Reaction score
I just installed this camera using the waterproof wall mount. Even with the camera aimed as far away from the wall as possible, there's still quite a bit of the wall in the camera's view (probably takes up about 30% of the field of view). Are there any better ways to mount this camera?

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
^^Try this.

Try placing the camera into "corridor" mode.

Physically rotate the camera 90 degrees and then go into the UI and change the setting to 90 or 270 to correct the image.

1700590966688.png

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
I would rotate it whichever way gets the IR further from the wall, which should be anti-clockwise as you look at the front of the camera. The pin hole (microphone) should be nearest the wall.

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
Rotate the part with the locking screw in it counter clockwise and the ball can be moved more. The screw does not have to be on the bottom.
Hadn't even noticed that. I figured it was already set and he just had too much wall in the FOV. After reading again, this may help as well.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I view from the camera would be helpful. A little wall may not be a problem, too much may mean you need a different lens or VF. Unless corridor mode takes care of it

Reaction score
Hey all,
I tried corridor mode and I tried rotating the locking screw. I will stick with the rotation of the locking screw as that gives me a good view of the front door as well as the whole front porch and part of the yard. Thanks for all suggestions!

Reaction score
Unless you require the view, you can change the camera's view from horizontal to vertical (hallway) aspect.

EDIT: I just looked at your pic :oops:
Do you have the mount placed in a vertical position, rather than mounted horizontally?
Yes, I have it mounted vertically...I am also planning on switching it to horizontal to try out that option and see how it works out. I wasn't sure which way would be the best for this application.

Update: I re-installed the mount horizontally and this works too...I'll leave it this way since it looks better and is easier to adjust.

Last edited: