Dahua Face Detection alerts in BI

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
folks

I've enabled Face detection in a Dahua 5231R camera and had it on IVS prior to this and BI was configured and receiving alerts defined as ONVIF/external. I'm trying to understand if I should see alerts every time the camera detects a face in BI. I don't care about the actual face, just want an alert to show up if the Dahua camera detects a face

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
folks

I've enabled Face detection in a Dahua 5231R camera and had it on IVS prior to this and BI was configured and receiving alerts defined as ONVIF/external. I'm trying to understand if I should see alerts every time the camera detects a face in BI. I don't care about the actual face, just want an alert to show up if the Dahua camera detects a face

Thanks
First understand that the face detection doesn’t work well in general so you need to make sure you’re actually activating the face detection. Check with onvif device manager. Then follow the instructions I posted in a recent hikvision thread on getting onvif alerts to bi

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok i'll keep onvif device manager open, clicked on Alerts and will wait for a IsMotion: true message or is it another kind of message if it detects a face?

Also i've never been able to figure out any setting in ONVIF device manager to change the time it shows which is always wrong, showing 9:59pm right now instead of EST 4:59pm

Thx

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok i'll keep onvif device manager open, clicked on Alerts and will wait for a IsMotion: true message or is it another kind of message if it detects a face?

Also i've never been able to figure out any setting in ONVIF device manager to change the time it shows which is always wrong, showing 9:59pm right now instead of EST 4:59pm

Thx
It’s not gonna work and unless you follow directions as instructed. Who Cares about the time in odm it’s irrelevant

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No alerts on onvif device manager so far in spite of numerous faces in front of the camera. Any way to troubleshoot this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No alerts on onvif device manager so far in spite of numerous faces in front of the camera. Any way to troubleshoot this?
Face detection is a gimmick. I have not seen anyone reporting it working. Forget it exists.

dohat leku

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm only referring to face detection as a way to get a motion for a human. I don't care about the actual face database

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm only referring to face detection as a way to get a motion for a human. I don't care about the actual face database
There is no face database face detection is not facial recognition. It’s just not good at detecting faces