DaHua firmware for a Lorex camera??

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have three Lorex LNB3321B cameras which are very similar to a couple of the DaHua models. Put them side-by-side and you cannot tell the difference visually except my Lorex cameras are black. I would guess that the closest DaHua model might be something like the IPC-HFW1220S, or maybe even my HFW1320SP. The firmware versions are very close as well:

Lorex LNB3321B - 2.400.LR00.15.R Build 2015-09-02
DaHua HFW1320SP - 2.600.0005.0.R Build 12-19-2016

So before I attempt this I thought I had better ask to find out if there is someone that may have done this. Also to find out if there are any downsides other than the obvious bricking the camera.

Thanks,

Wayne

P.S. I'm obviously very new at this, so please be gentle. One of these days I might get some of this stuff figured out.

Nougat

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am in the same situation as you, I am curious to know if you tried it and if so did it go as planned?

Thanks

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am in the same situation as you, I am curious to know if you tried it and if so did it go as planned?

Thanks
I'm sorry, but I never did try it. Until recently, the cameras were attached to a Lorex NVR so I really didn't have a NEED to try it. A couple of weeks ago I swapped the Lorex NVR for a new Dahua 5216-4KS2 NVR. The new DaHua NVR has an interface that is almost identical to the Lorex NVR which is further proof that Lorex is rebranded DaHua. With the new NVR, I can directly access the cameras web interface to configure anything I need to to, so I still don't really have a NEED to try it.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have three Lorex LNB3321B cameras which are very similar to a couple of the DaHua models. Put them side-by-side and you cannot tell the difference visually except my Lorex cameras are black. I would guess that the closest DaHua model might be something like the IPC-HFW1220S, or maybe even my HFW1320SP. The firmware versions are very close as well:

Lorex LNB3321B - 2.400.LR00.15.R Build 2015-09-02
DaHua HFW1320SP - 2.600.0005.0.R Build 12-19-2016

So before I attempt this I thought I had better ask to find out if there is someone that may have done this. Also to find out if there are any downsides other than the obvious bricking the camera.

Thanks,

Wayne

P.S. I'm obviously very new at this, so please be gentle. One of these days I might get some of this stuff figured out.
Hi Xeddog,

I would first check if Lorex has updates and try those.

While I believe what you describe should work, sometimes it is easier to go for what others have already proven works.

Nougat

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt reply… well, in time I might post the outcome because in a month or so I will replace one of the bullets with a PTZ, so I might try then.

But I doubt it will brick because the other day I tried to load a Dahua NVR firmware onto my LOREX NR800 and it simply rejected it with a "timed out message". Thus, I do not think a camera will take the firmware and break itself that easily.

But, given the fact LOREX just updated their NVR due to that worldwide DDNS hack scare, I doubt those cameras needs anything updated.

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Lorex does provide pretty good support for their products, but it seems the one thing the do NOT do is provide firmware upgrades.

Nougat

n3wb
Reaction score
...but it seems the one thing the do NOT do is provide firmware upgrades.
It's one of the reason I am slowly moving away from Lorex. I cherry-picked them at first as it does create a bit of jobs here in North America, even if they are just distributor of brands from elsewhere. But I can't think of that when a company becomes lethargic and does not make an effort towards its base clients. Since I did some effort by choosing them intentionally at first, and now I see what kind of company it is, I now bypass them altogether and go straight to their supplier.

Dahua made available IVS features for all units capable of handling it while Lorex… [crickets] … and more [crickets].

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's one of the reason I am slowly moving away from Lorex. I cherry-picked them at first as it does create a bit of jobs here in North America, even if they are just distributor of brands from elsewhere. But I can't think of that when a company becomes lethargic and does not make an effort towards its base clients. Since I did some effort by choosing them intentionally at first, and now I see what kind of company it is, I now bypass them altogether and go straight to their supplier.

Dahua made available IVS features for all units capable of handling it while Lorex… [crickets] … and more [crickets].
I see Lorex is selling higher model NVR, thus they should be able to handle IVS - is it disabled in the NVRs?

Nougat

n3wb
Reaction score
I see Lorex is selling higher model NVR, thus they should be able to handle IVS - is it disabled in the NVRs?
Yes they do sell higher end models with IVS, but that's the problem, many out there do not want a high end NVR to simply have a tripwire feature for example. With Dahua's new firmware many small models now has it and it would be nice if Lorex do the same with their re-branded Dahua NVR. :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt reply… well, in time I might post the outcome because in a month or so I will replace one of the bullets with a PTZ, so I might try then.

But I doubt it will brick because the other day I tried to load a Dahua NVR firmware onto my LOREX NR800 and it simply rejected it with a "timed out message". Thus, I do not think a camera will take the firmware and break itself that easily.

But, given the fact LOREX just updated their NVR due to that worldwide DDNS hack scare, I doubt those cameras needs anything updated.
I have a NR8163 dou to the Hacked problem I did a firmware update. But since than the nvr keeps rebooting. is in a Boot cycle. Any body know how to fix this? an other way to install the firmware if its not loading the OS?