dahua firmware ipc-hfw4631h-zsa

Reaction score
Hello,
do any of you have firmware for a 6MP camera with zoom and microphone ipc-hfw4631h-zsa ?
I bougt this camera from aliexpress and updated wrong firmware. Now is not working, i can update by rs232 only need good firmware.

Attachments

Reaction score
Okay - I uploaded another Chinese firmware and surprisingly even better :) I only have everything in Chinese now. Except that I will do a translation Polish language and re-upload the file already translated and I will have better firmware than it was originally :)
if anyone also has the same problem with this ipc-hfw4631h-zsa camera then the China firmware is here 下载中心搜索-浙江大华技术股份有限公司

mark1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you
I have the issue. How did you upgrade using RS232?

Reaction score
Hi, If you find some idea to translate this firmware for english, please let me know.

mark1234

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out a way to move the description file from one firmware to this Chinese version. I'll let you know if it works :).
Also, I tried to extract the .img files within the firmware file to modify the contents but with no luck. Do you have any idea how to deal with these .img files?

mark1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
I managed to translate the chines description file. However, I could not pack it again to .img file. Can you help?

Reaction score
Hi, i have the some problem. Is very easy unpacking only for repack firmware is not easy. By the way I find some script for repack firmware only is some error. If I bypass this fault then I let you know. If you will find first some idea how to repack firmware and will working good please let me know. To repack firmware is problem with sum control, I don't know how to calculate for this firmware.

mark1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Reaction score
Yes, I understand only replace file inside custom-x.squashfs.img need first unpacking this file and after replace packing again and this is ino easy. This file have sum control

Reaction score
Hi,
I replaced this file with what you sent me and I packed the files with this turtial BotoX/Dahua-Firmware-Mod-Kit. If you want, check it. I will be able to check it in a week because now the camera is used for streaming.
Let me know.

Attachments

mark1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
Unfortunately, the "custom-x.squashfs.img" file failed to be uploaded. I'm using the TFTP method to upload the firmware.

Reaction score
Only have you tried to transfer all these files? otherwise there will be a checksum error

mark1234

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello
I extracted your files and applied the same methodology with the chinses bin. Please see the attached error message.

Attachments

Reaction score
Delete this upgrade_info_7db780a713a4 file and generate it again. Then run TFTP server as administrator and try to upload firmware again.