Dahua Firmware Request (DHI-NVR4104HS-P-4KS2/L and DH-IPC-HDW3541TP-ZAS)

chrisjcbt

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm looking for firmware files for 3 x DH-IPC-HDW3541TP-ZAS, currently on firmware v2.800.0000000.30.R,2021-08-20. These are hooked into an NVR, model DHI-NVR4104HS-P-4KS2/L, currently on V4.001.0000001.1, Build Date: 20-08-2021. I have an issue with Human Detection not working, and its needed for the install.

Can I ask for some help on finding the right firmware releases?

Many thanks.

Bever

n3wb
Reaction score
This is the only firmware i could find. I have the same NVR as you. Mine NVR has a bug .Once i'm logged in the NVR, i can't connect to the first cam.
But everyone is warning me not to upgrade if it's not realy necessary. I'm worried i get more problemes, or even my nvr gets bricked, after the upgrade.

I found it here: Index of /Firmware/Rejestratory/NVR/NVR4xxx-4KS2L

Attachments

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have an issue with Human Detection not working, and its needed for the install.
Do I understand you correctly, you cams have human detection and your NVR doesn't support them? And it is set up working on the cameras?
Because from my understanding, this NVR only offers AI search, it looks for camera AI detections. It is not adding AI to a camera that doesn't have it.

Last edited:

chrisjcbt

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for coming back to me. So both the camera and NVR support AI detections, the camera calls out People Identification, and the NVR people counting. I'm getting Motion alerts, but if I try and search recording history by detection - say face, I get nothing back.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That NVR by spec does not have AI capabilities. It relies on the camera

The camera noted has only basic AI- Tripwire, Intrusion and SMD. These can identify human vs vehicle but that’s it.

Between the two there is no capability for Face Detection or human attributes.

chrisjcbt

n3wb
Reaction score
ok - this is starting to make sense. I might try a direct connection to the camera. Am I right in thinking there is a way for the NVR to expose the camera directly, through like a proxy IP? [I'm a long way from the physical install]

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes but you would have to be local or use a point to point VPN. The NVR if port forwarded will allow you to see the cameras connected on the Registration page, But it will otherwise detect that you are remote via WAN and not allow you to open them. (Blue IE button)

First thumbnail image under bullet#5

Last edited:

chrisjcbt

n3wb
Reaction score
Thats fine. I've a VPN in place to the LAN segment the NVR is on. Can you let me know how to find the IPs published by the NVR and how to enable the Camera Proxy?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
See the thumbnail image on bullet #5
Yes the camera registration page on the NVR shows the camera IPs issued by the NVR, by default 10.1.1.x. You click the blue IE button to access the individual camera GUI

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If using the built in PoE ports on the NVR, there is no way to contact the camera directly over the WAN by IP

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That NVR by spec does not have AI capabilities. It relies on the camera

The camera noted has only basic AI- Tripwire, Intrusion and SMD. These can identify human vs vehicle but that’s it.

Between the two there is no capability for Face Detection or human attributes.
As you are the expert on NVR here, the listed NVR has AI-search and the cam has SMD. My NVR can search for recorded cam SMD events. It took me a while to figure out how to look for it. It has to be enabled on the camera while recording and then it has to be used on the NVR to filter out the particular type of event. From my reading here, are we sure the person operated the equipment correctly, given the assumptions made beforehand? Or would it start to work, once set up correctly?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If you have SMD set with a human filter on the camera, then search via the NVR AI search with the human filter yes in theory you should get results assuming SMD is setup well on the camera and set to record those events on the NVR. (Human not Face or other attributes, as that camera doesn’t appear to have Face or attribute Detection, unless some FW upgrade has enabled it beyond the specs)

No idea if the OP has it setup correctly

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
And the cameras have newer FW
IPC-HDW3541T-ZAS

Not sure about the discrepency between the camera model numbers. The OP's has a "P" in it and Dahua doesnt. I think they used to use that for PAL format...?