Dahua forgotten admin password - want to do a factory reset - help please.

Reaction score
Did you gain access to the printed circuit boards inside, or merely looking from the outside?
Okay, your pictures appeared just as I was posting my question. Chances are, shorting together two contacts may do the trick. Let me look at your pictures more closely. If I were to guess, I'd check the two contact holes numbered 1 and 2 in your first picture. Use a meter and measure each contact hole to ground. If there are no voltages present, you might try shorting contact hole 1 to contact hole 2 while applying power to the camera. Good luck!!

A second option would be to connect a USB-to-serial cable to the four contact holes beside contact hole 2. You may get a root shell by default when the camera boots up. Then the Linux passwd command would allow you to reset things.

Last edited:

werner

n3wb
Reaction score
ok thanks a lot. i am going to try the options one by one starting with the first. i will report back after the first.
thnx again

werner

n3wb
Reaction score
you are a genius!!!
thank you very much. shorting the two pins did the trick

IT-man

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any way to reset dahua camera passwprd without opening the camera?
I mean is it possible to reset the password by software?

Marijus

n3wb
Reaction score
Confirmed reset procedure on Dahua IPC-HDW4300S -V2, two pins marked 1,2 near the battery, thank you.

Glassdome

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there - you guys have better eyesight then me for sure as the pin holes are tiny. Is it just the case of putting a bit of wire between pin hole 1 and 2 to short out? Thanks in advance

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if it doesn't have a switch, it's generally 2 circular vias that are close together.
ResetIPCamera - Dahua Wiki (one of the pictures is wrong)

For best results unplug then connect the reset pins for about 30 seconds starting when you re-apply power.

KevinGasta

n3wb
Reaction score
hello guys, i need help please. how can i reset my IR Dome Camera the model is IPC-D1B40N, it has no reset switch on the inside of the camera i already disassembled it. please help guys the camera is manufactured by Dahua i want to reset it without bothering them haha thanks

Attachments

Reaction score
hello guys, i need help please. how can i reset my IR Dome Camera the model is IPC-D1B40N, it has no reset switch on the inside of the camera i already disassembled it. please help guys the camera is manufactured by Dahua i want to reset it without bothering them haha thanks
With power disconnected, connect a wire between vias 1 and 2 circled in red below. While wire is connected between 1 and 2, apply power. Keep the wire connected for a minimum of 30 seconds. It often takes a while to reset and reload the factory firmware. Good luck!

Reset Camera Pins 1 and 2.jpg

zmelkoow1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello! I have to reset on IPC-HFW2300RP-Z camera that has no reset button. Any idea which pins do I need to short?

IMG_20191216_140824.jpg
IMG_20191216_140849.jpg