Dahua has released several new microphones

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

sunny0101786

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone please explain which microphone is good for what camera and best for indoor or outdoor.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Only the -V models appear to be designed for outdoor use as they have the IP rating to protect against water and dust from what I can tell?

Al*_*

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone please explain which microphone is good for what camera and best for indoor or outdoor.
Quality and prices Dahua vs ebay microphones?
I hear you sunny0101786. I think every other external dahua microphone listed will be good for whatever camera. Especially taking into consideration what it is replacing, namely the cheap internal microphone. The same goes for external IR replacement for the internal 0,05 cent IR Illumination LEDs.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a lot reaction/answers. I believe peeps here are more interested in the best bang concerned image quality over the quality for good audio and or good ir illumination. I'm with you and surely hope some expert can enlighten concerned these.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I hear you sunny0101786. I think every other external dahua microphone listed will be good for whatever camera. Especially taking into consideration what it is replacing, namely the cheap internal microphone. The same goes for external IR replacement for the internal 0,05 cent IR Illumination LEDs.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a lot reaction/answers. I believe peeps here are more interested in the best bang concerned image quality over the quality for good audio and or good ir illumination. I'm with you and surely hope some expert can enlighten concerned these.
The built in microphones produce very good audio quality....the IR leds on the dahua turrets are very good as well but for the extreme wide angles.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Quality and prices Dahua vs ebay microphones?
I don't think most of them are actually made by dahua. You can find what look to be identical products sold under other brands in some cases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In current models, the audio is very good with Dahua's built-in mics. Just make sure you turn off the noise filter in audio setup.

There's good mic info here: Bullet Mic Review
Granted, that thread is 1.5 yrs old. But good primer....
This is still an excellent external mic.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
The built in microphones produce very good audio quality....the IR leds on the dahua turrets are very good as well but for the extreme wide angles.
built in mic in the cam can’t get good voice quality , so that is why need special voice pick up. This same for most cams on the world

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
built in mic in the cam can’t get good voice quality , so that is why need special voice pick up. This same for most cams on the world
The built in mic is very good...some folks just want to record concert audio....the mics are for cameras that have audio in...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I used to think the audio sucked on the starlight varifocal turrets until I turned off the noise filter, and that fixed everything. It is great.

A couple months ago I installed one of those microseven bullet microphones for my -Z5 starlight bullet which has audio inputs and no built-in mic. I'm quite happy with that. It seems like similar quality and greater sensitivity compared to the turret's built-in mic.