Dahua HCVR7108H

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

i have a dahua HCVR7108H which was working fine since 2016.

it started beeping every two minutes but I still was able to see footages on screen.
the noise was very annoying so I decided to turn off device. After 5 minutes I turned it on but on screen I am unable to see footage ever since.
When I turn on the device I have blue screen with « dahua » written and after 3 seconds I have « no signal » message and my screen shuts down

it opened the device and I see that a red Led is on. I don’t know what it means. See picture below.

it tried to plug my screen on another device and it works perfectly fine

thank you for your help !

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Possibly the hard drive quit. Unplug the HD and turn it back on see what you get. The XVR will work fine without a HD, you just need it for recording..

Reaction score
Possibly the hard drive quit. Unplug the HD and turn it back on see what you get. The XVR will work fine without a HD, you just need it for recording..
So I tried and problem is unsolved.
with the HD disconnect, the blue led « power » at the front of device and same red led (from my previous post) are flashing

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmmmm I had the 7216 as well as an older 5000 series and got the beep when the HD failed on both.

You disconnected the power and data cables? Do you have another HD to put in it?

Reaction score
Hmmmm I had the 7216 as well as an older 5000 series and got the beep when the HD failed on both.

You disconnected the power and data cables? Do you have another HD to put in it?
Yes I disconnected both cables
No I don’t Have another HD…

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You should manage the NVR via computer and a web browser using the web interface yes.

Unless you’ve changed it, your XVR should be at address 192.168.1.108

If it’s the V3 interface you should see a tab called Info. That tab has a log

Reaction score
You should manage the NVR via computer and a web browser using the web interface yes.

hello,
ip adress is not loading. I’m not the one who installed the device but I don’t think I changed that.
just to be sure, I don’t have to plug something on device before I try to connect to Ip adress ?
i try with my iPhone. Device and my iPhone are connected to same internet network

Reaction score
I

A new « symptom » has occured

an other red led is flashing very quickly. Just next to the processor. See picture below

Attachments

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Try to take the hdd off, and make a factory default to the device, if still keep booting, the XVR is end of life.

Reaction score
Try to take the hdd off, and make a factory default to the device, if still keep booting, the XVR is end of life.
Ok
How I make factory default ? There is not a reboot button inside.
Plus, I noticed that when I plug an RJ45 wire, nothing happens. LEDs on my router are still off. Same with another cable. Maybe be eternet port on device is dead ?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That’s a menu location for setting it to factory default.
Is the XVR connected to your network with an ethernet cable? How do you access it?

Reaction score
That’s a menu location for setting it to factory default.
Is the XVR connected to your network with an ethernet cable? How do you access it?
Yes it is connected to my network with RJ45 wire. But like a said before, no leds are flashing at the router’s Rj45 port.
I tried another port on my router, same issue, no flashing leds. Maybe the XVR Rj45 port is dead ?

Attachments