Dahua HDW4431EM-AS disassembly & reset button w pics

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Had to take apart my camera and reset it because the IR light stayed on all the time, even though the software menu would be set to "off". Actually got it back together without screwing it up. Set screw holding the base was easy.. rest was doable but irritating...small screws. Also didn't notice rubber ring around lens wasn't seated at first...had to take apart twice. On the "reset button" pic the text is too small - left bottom corner..

Attachments

Last edited:

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'll try it next time..didn't see that one.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does it have to be powered on to reset? I've got one that might be dead.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Had you tried the 'reset to factory defaults' in the web GUI, assuming there is such a facility?
I looked and the software had factory reset for "camera" with no channels shown. I was afraid to proceed further because i didn't want to reset all of them.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Crap...I was playing with the settings on day/night and it started the same problem again. IR stays on even though you have "off" on the menu tab. BUT, this time I found if you put the IR on "manual" and put the slider to 0 (all the way to the left), the IR is effectively off (and stays off).

Purduephotog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Had to take apart my camera and reset it because the IR light stayed on all the time, even though the software menu would be set to "off". Actually got it back together without screwing it up. Set screw holding the base was easy.. rest was doable but irritating...small screws. Also didn't notice rubber ring around lens wasn't seated at first...had to take apart twice. On the "reset button" pic the text is too small - left bottom corner..
Do you still have these high resolution photos of the internal PCB? If so could you give me a copy? Thank you!