Dahua help

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this camera plugged into one of the NVR PoE ports on the back of the NVR?
Yes it is. Just now I connected to the NVR (from the PC) and clicked on the camera and the camera stream loaded and worked.....for about 10 seconds then it dropped out. Tried to open the stream again and got the "login return time is up" message. Do you think it's an IP address conflict, or is there a setting I need to adjust for login? I seem to remember a login time setting in the NVR

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What does the camera registration page on the NVR show? It should look something like this..

CamReg-mixinternalexternalcams.jpg

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok so see, the camera is plugged into the NVR PoE ports and its IP is 10.1.1.71

At that point it has NOTHING to do with your LAN network. Its on its own secure internal network inside of the NVR. No more chasing ghosts

The IP of your NVR is 192.168.1.108 I believe. You're in it with a browser. So the NVR and the camera are working as they should

Uncheck that box at top that says H.265 Auto Switch and hit Refresh at bottom

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes it is. Just now I connected to the NVR (from the PC) and clicked on the camera and the camera stream loaded and worked.....for about 10 seconds then it dropped out. Tried to open the stream again and got the "login return time is up" message. Do you think it's an IP address conflict, or is there a setting I need to adjust for login? I seem to remember a login time setting in the NVR
Specifics matter.
Where exactly did you click the camera and it loaded and worked? On the NVR Live screen?

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so see, the camera is plugged into the NVR PoE ports and its IP is 10.1.1.71

At that point it has NOTHING to do with your LAN network. Its on its own secure internal network inside of the NVR. No more chasing ghosts

The IP of your NVR is 192.168.1.108 I believe. You're in it with a browser. So the NVR and the camera are working as they should

Uncheck that box at top that says H.265 Auto Switch and hit Refresh at bottom
Did that and camera stream now opens and seems to be staying open.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
There appears to be no problem with your NVR or camera,

The problems as you noted are due to something on your network between your PC and the NVR, possibly this "eset" which I know nothing about but I would take a hacksaw to it and cut it out of the system completely until you can figure out how it works.

Can you click on the blue IE icon and login to the camera?

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
Clicking on the blue icon opens the live stream, but if I click on the camera setting>image then I can see the configuration menu.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The blue “e” icon on the camera reg page you posted? That should open the camera web GUI in a new window allowing access to all of the camera config menus. It may open to the live view if that’s what you’re saying. ?

Show a pic please

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
OK got it, I though you meant the blue camera icon on the live page. When I click on the blue ie on the registration page I get this popup....

blue e.jpg

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok you shouldnt get that

What browser are you using?

Try Edge in IE mode or Pale Moon 32

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok you shouldnt get that

What browser are you using?

Try Edge in IE mode or Pale Moon 32
OK when I used Edge I got a screen that lets me configure P2P on or off and updates on or off. I'm going to have to figure out that IE mode because it looks like in order to do that I have to choose it as my default browser

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok that is the camera initialization screen. Tell both questions No and it will refresh to the camera login screen.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Don’t worry about default browser shit right now. You got where you are supposed to be

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think your just now figuring out that the camera itself has its very own web GUI interface and all of its own controls completely separate from the NVR.

You want to use the camera GUI to make ALL image and IVS event settings and changes. The only settings you should mess with on the NVR GUI is for “Storage” which is your master recording schedules

Read the PSA again.

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
I think your just now figuring out that the camera itself has its very own web GUI interface and all of its own controls completely separate from the NVR.

You want to use the camera GUI to make ALL image and IVS event settings and changes. The only settings you should mess with on the NVR GUI is for “Storage” which is your master recording schedules

Read the PSA again.
OK thanks, I'll re-read it. I also need to figure out how to adjust the time and how to change playback speed.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You’re skipping over important higher level stuff. Save that until you figure out how the NVR and camera work and work together.

Some of the details on settings you’ll have to read up on and figure out trial and error. Otherwise this thread will become a full time job.

Use Edge in IE mode or like the camera GUI, you won’t see what you’re supposed to see

bigb56

n3wb
Reaction score
You’re skipping over important higher level stuff. Save that until you figure out how the NVR and camera work and work together.

Some of the details on settings you’ll have to read up on and figure out trial and error. Otherwise this thread will become a full time job.

Use Edge in IE mode or like the camera GUI, you won’t see what you’re supposed to see
I'll get the camera mounted then work on the settings. It may take me awhile to get it mounted. Thanks for all your help. I wonder what would happen if I connect my old Acti KCM-5611 to the Dahua NVR...