Dahua HFW4300R-Z not working in Blue Iris

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I need help setting up my Dahua HFW4300R-Z in Blue Iris (version 4.3.9.7). First of all, when I first registered the camera on the network ip config page -it showed up immediately in the camera window and worked just fine. I got 15fps, just as I configured in the camera interface. I then changed the default TCP port in the cam interface from 37777 to 37774 so that I can access the cam externally from my android IP Cam Viewer app. Each camera has to have a different tcp port -right (I have 3 other Dahua cams)?
I also forwarded this port on my router. After doing this, I can't get the camera working again properly.
When I now try registering the camera in the network ip configuration page, I can only get it to work with the following settings:
make- generic
model-jpg/gif/etc,image requests
path-cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?1

The problem now is that I can't get more than 1 fps from the camera in Blue Iris -even when recording. The camera is set for 15 fps in the cam interface. I've tried different settings but nothing seems to work.

I have also tried the following:
reinstalling Blue Iris from scratch,
restarting my network,
reverting to the original TCP ports set in the camera interface

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I need help setting up my Dahua HFW4300R-Z in Blue Iris (version 4.3.9.7). First of all, when I first registered the camera on the network ip config page -it showed up immediately in the camera window and worked just fine. I got 15fps, just as I configured in the camera interface. I then changed the default TCP port in the cam interface from 37777 to 37774 so that I can access the cam externally from my android IP Cam Viewer app. Each camera has to have a different tcp port -right (I have 3 other Dahua cams)?
I also forwarded this port on my router. After doing this, I can't get the camera working again properly.
When I now try registering the camera in the network ip configuration page, I can only get it to work with the following settings:
make- generic
model-jpg/gif/etc,image requests
path-cgi-bin/snapshot.cgi?1

The problem now is that I can't get more than 1 fps from the camera in Blue Iris -even when recording. The camera is set for 15 fps in the cam interface. I've tried different settings but nothing seems to work.

I have also tried the following:
reinstalling Blue Iris from scratch,
restarting my network,
reverting to the original TCP ports set in the camera interface
Most routers allow you to change the external port and leave the internal port at the default. Furthermore, forwarding camera ports is a terrible idea. Its a huge security risk. If you are going to port forward, why not simply forward the blue iris webserver.

BadBlake

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok. I've reverted back to the original ports specified in the camera interface, but like I said in my first post, this does not solve my problem. I can't get the cam to connect to blue Iris properly