Dahua IMOU camera owners, please share your information here! Thank you.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thankyou - these settings work on my Imou Ranger 2 (4MP) Model IPC-A42P-B. Took me a while to work out the password for "Admin" was the "Safety Code" on the bottom of the camera...

Very happy that the PTZ works via Blue Iris too

I also found on another thread to use the app "ConfigTool Mobile" - which enabled me to get rid of the "Imou" watermark overlay (Choose Show Channel Overlay and just set it to blank) and toggle encoding between x265/x264...
Hi @gatebland8

I recently bought an IMOU Ranger2 4MP model: IPC-A42PD v2

IMG_20220518_225116.jpg

I could not get the video RTSP streaming to show up in BI.
Do mind sharing what the video settings are?

Below are the settings that I used which failed to connect the camera.:(

For Main streaming I used the following string of commands:
2022-05-18_22-42-17.jpg
These stings of command work on my existing 2 units of IMOU Ranger2 2MP model: IPC-A22EP
But it seems it does not work with the latest version of IPC-A42PD v2

Thank you.

Update: I think I got another version of the IMOU camera which is 4MP BUT not the same as IMOU Ranger2 IPC-A42P-B :banghead:
This version of mine does not have "Ranger 2" printed on the label.

2022-05-18_22-38-10.jpg

Last edited:

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should black out the serial # and associated bar code in that picture.
Alright, thanks.
I have edited the photo and reduced the size so that it won't look so big.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This camera that I am having difficulty getting to work is called: IMOU A1 4MP model: IPC A42P-D v2
IMOU A1 4MP

2022-05-20_16-00-07.jpg2022-05-20_15-34-02.jpg

I downloaded ONVIF Device Manager, ran it and keyed in the username + password
Press "Live video" and viola! :p I got the RTSP URL

The format is as follows:
Main Stream: rtsp:/<ip-address>:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Sub Stream: rtsp:/<ip-address>:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=1&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

2022-05-20_15-22-29.jpg

The PTZ function of this IMOU A1 4MP camera does work when I followed the configuration from @goldriver
Instructions are given here
However, sometimes it is a bit buggy(I couldn't capture it in the demo), the streaming will pause for a few seconds and resume later.
Quick demo:
View attachment 2022-05-20_15-55-01.mp4

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just got one of this Ranger 2 imou ip cameras, and I got working the RTSP and PTZ settings. However my next concern is about iframe config which I can not see, as far as I know if that is not showing as x/1 in the streaming logs in BI, you will have false movement positives, just was an issue that reolink cameras were having. Where you able to configure that.

Thanks in advance

bestbeast

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey guys,

It seems I was able to change the iframe interval through onvif device manager :D
Now the next problem I would like to solve is: How can I take the IMOU and time watermark out of the video stream?

Kind regards

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys,

It seems I was able to change the iframe interval through onvif device manager :D
Now the next problem I would like to solve is: How can I take the IMOU and time watermark out of the video stream?

Kind regards
I also like to know. Someone in this thread did manage to overcome this watermark issue if I am not mistaken.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems I was able to change the iframe interval through onvif device manager
Would you mind sharing the screenshot of your solution using ONVIF device manager?
(A picture means a thousand words) :)
Thank you.

Mistikal

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, just created an account and came here to say I've managed to get my "IMOU Bullet 2C" (IPC-F22) camera working in BI after a lot of trial and error - here are the settings for my camera.

• Change the protocol type from http:// to rtsp:/ in the top left
  • Paste in this URL into the top box, but change the IP to the one used by your camera: 192.168.0.1/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
  • Username is admin and the password is the Safety Code on the sticker on the camera, remember it is case sensitive!
  • Set the RTSP port to 554 (it should already be this), and in my case the ONVIF port is 37777 (I determined this from the Dahua ConfigTool app)
  • I use the substream profile, so the guts of the URL was pasted into the sub box, with the subtype changed from 0 to 1 to indicate I want to view the substream

When you first set up the camera, the text box for the Main feed may be empty, this is normal.

That's it! Hope it helps!

1659810987456.png

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just upgraded to BI5, and found out that enabling Intel decoding for Imou cameras causes an immediate crash on i5-3570k, Win10

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, just created an account and came here to say I've managed to get my "IMOU Bullet 2C" (IPC-F22) camera working in BI after a lot of trial and error - here are the settings for my camera.

• Change the protocol type from http:// to rtsp:/ in the top left
  • Paste in this URL into the top box, but change the IP to the one used by your camera: 192.168.0.1/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
  • Username is admin and the password is the Safety Code on the sticker on the camera, remember it is case sensitive!
  • Set the RTSP port to 554 (it should already be this), and in my case the ONVIF port is 37777 (I determined this from the Dahua ConfigTool app)
  • I use the substream profile, so the guts of the URL was pasted into the sub box, with the subtype changed from 0 to 1 to indicate I want to view the substream

When you first set up the camera, the text box for the Main feed may be empty, this is normal.

That's it! Hope it helps!

View attachment 135710
Good on you! @Mistikal
Thank you for sharing your findings.

Hope more ppl in the forum can share their information.

wepee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just upgraded to BI5, and found out that enabling Intel decoding for Imou cameras causes an immediate crash on i5-3570k, Win10
Would you mind sharing which model of your IMOU camera causes BI to crash? Thank you.

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems to be some problem with the PC (i5-3570k) - there is also a problem with running as a service, the live view is all black (not rendered). It all works fine on a newer PC.

bignose2

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a IPC-S42F-D, "Cruiser 2.5k"
amazon :
Imou 2.5K WiFi Security Camera Outdoor, 360° PTZ Wired Home IP CCTV Camera 4MP, AI Human/Motion Detection, 30M Color Night Vision, Auto Tracking, Siren&Spotlight, 2-way Audio, IP66, Works with Alexa

Got image in BI, & androi apps tinyCam & IpCamerViewer using the url mentioned above.

Cannot get BI to PTZ though & tried the settings as above.

few other comments, described as ptZ, auto tracking..
So far even using the imou App not sure it has Zoom,
Does not seem to auto track.
I hope these features are not via the paid Pro version!

Cannot see a way to change FPS
Dahua IP config tool, finds device OK & says I have adjusted but BI shows it as full 30fps, I want to reduce on WiFi.

I do like the camera but just investigating.

Also quite like to get rid of the IMOU but could not find the App mentioned, "configtool mobile" was that a phone app or perhaps a windows tool.

Quite like static IP but don't want to fiddle with that as can cope with locking via my router for the moment.

Mainly at the moment I would like PT (&Z ideally but think is just digital) via BI.
Any idea's?