Dahua IP camera not working but shows as online

Alkylon2

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 7 Dahua DH-IPC-HFW1239S1-LED-S5 Cameras. All but one of them are acting strangely.
The 4th camera has the local IP 192.168.0.114 (From 111 - 117)
Running an IP scan, it is detected as online. Even the NVR shows it to be online but when I add the camera to the list, it has a red status dot. It also does not load the camera feed.
Furthermore, sometimes when I try to access the web interface using the camera ip, it does not load but sometimes it shows the login menu but that is as fat as I can go.
I can confirm that there is no ip conflict (I've tried removing all devices that are not cameras). I wanted to change the camera IP but cannot since the camera won't connect.
1723044841212.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
That red dot typically means the NVR cant login to the camera becasue the camera password is different than the NVR expected.

If you can get to the camera login screen, have you tried logging in with the correct password there?

Alkylon2

n3wb
Reaction score
The login screen shows very rarely. Even when it does, I cannot login. The page just keeps loading

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The red dot indicates the expected password to the camera is wrong.

If you can physically access the camera, suggest you open the little door that houses the SD card and hold the little black reset button down for 15-30 seconds and factory default the camera

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you hover your mouse over the red dot then it will tell you the error, its not always a login error.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
it's cable or plugs..

camera mostly works..
but there are lags when you try to login, is rejected by the NVR due to the number of transmission errors..

first you can try to redone plugs at the ends of connecting cable to a new ones...
second change cable for better one (pure copper, 23AW or 24AW, cat5+ certified for outdoor use)...

You can try change/play with decoding strategy in camera details on NVR camera list menu...
very often helps in situations like this..

Dahua/HIK switches (internal in NVR, external ones) have also extended mode (Dahua calls this ePoE, HIK call this HiPoE), when they use higher voltages on ethernet cable.. it helps a lot on longer runs of cable...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The red dot indicates the expected password to the camera is wrong.
On my NVR I always have to edit the camera setting and give it the correct password a second time. Then the dot goes green. Makes no sense, that's just the way it is. I wish it wasn't so easy to hit the delete icon instead the edit icon. Have done that a few times.