Dahua IP-HFW5231E-Z5 LPR settings

Reaction score
I see that in the july 5 update...took them long enough...
still a very primitive application...only thing it has going for it is the limited analytics....
Your replies to all my posts sound like you are on Blue Iris's payroll or have an agenda to trash Sighthound. My choice of SH comes after buying and testing 7 different NVRs, and 5 PC based systems. I'll say what I have said before: Sighthound meets all my needs for a residential security system (I have it in my office too) and LPR system and then some. And SH's customer service is top notch. That's my needs, not yours. I think there might be others who will benefit from this. Can you leave it at that?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Your replies to all my posts sound like you are on Blue Iris's payroll or have an agenda to trash Sighthound. My choice of SH comes after buying and testing 7 different NVRs, and 5 PC based systems. I'll say what I have said before: Sighthound meets all my needs for a residential security system (I have it in my office too) and LPR system and then some. And SH's customer service is top notch. That's my needs, not yours. I think there might be others who will benefit from this. Can you leave it at that?
If you would get your head out of your ass and read my posts you would see that is not the case. Here is but one example. Ultimate Blue Iris PC <$2500 I despise shmucks like you who make false accusations.
I could give a rats ass about the your conclusions, based on NVR's - I can tell you they are all crap compared to vms. As far as the 5 pc based systems you tested, likely garbage.
I cant take you seriously when you recommended a vms, at 250 that failed to provide basic functionality of a matrix view, something that every crap box NVR does. They JUST added that function 3 days ago. Sighthound does not meet basic functionality standards - Advanced alerts, profiles, advanced scheduling (relative to sunrise sunset) and more...its a barebones joke . At 250 with a 50 dollar per year maintenance its a ripoff. The analytics are worthless - for example it cannot different a vehicle...it is also not very accurate...useless...If a user wants to spend 250 on a vms I would tell them to look at avigilon (depending on the number of cams) or nx witness (free updates/upgrades for life) sold as DW Spectrum IPVMS in north america..
My point is to warn others to be cautious of your novice advice, just like I do when someone here recommends a foscam or sricam - garbage.

Last edited:
Reaction score
...you would see that is not the case.
That it meets MY needs is most certainly the case. That is the only case/point I am/was making. In all of my posts. You'll probably say now that my needs a mind numbingly simple (with much more colorful, abusive language, I'm sure.) I'll just stipulate to that to save you the typing.

And you're a mind reader as well, knowing that the 5 PC based systems were garbage without knowing what I tested. Hmmmm. Nice language, BTW. And from a "staff member" no less.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That it meets MY needs is most certainly the case. That is the only case/point I am/was making. In all of my posts. You'll probably say now that my needs a mind numbingly simple (with much more colorful, abusive language, I'm sure.) I'll just stipulate to that to save you the typing.

And you're a mind reader as well, knowing that the 5 PC based systems were garbage without knowing what I tested. Hmmmm. Nice language, BTW. And from a "staff member" no less.
Yes I am sure, since you claimed that sighthound was better and sighthound itself is garbage...it is also possible that you were too inept to setup the other vms. I will use any language I wish...you are mistaken I am not a "staff member" I am an owner..