Dahua IPC-HDBW4120E IP cam refuses connection on all normal ports (23, 80, 443, 37777, 37778)

SeanP-WV

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all -

One of our cameras (on a legacy ADT system) started refusing connections. I went through the normal hard reset process via the internal reset switch and the camera changed back to the default 192.168.1.108 IP address. I can ping and it sends arp requests just fine, but it refuses all other connections. I can't telnet or use a browser to get in and change the IP back to the network segment it's supposed to be on. Has anyone run into this before? Is the camera just shot? Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards - Sean

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Your fire wall may be blocking access.

Connect the camera directly to a PC and set the PC IP address to 192.168.1.xxx (not 108)

SeanP-WV

n3wb
Reaction score
Firewall isn't blocking access. To test, I took an identical camera, did a hard reset and connected to it (@192.168.1.108) just fine. The issue seems to be with this particular camera. The camera requires a POE connection, so I don't think connecting it directly to a PC will boot it on, unless there's a setting I'm not aware of that will send power out a computer's Ethernet port.

To clarify - the .1.108 address is the default. In my test, I obviously disconnected the non-working cam before hooking up the test cam to avoid an IP conflict.

Luisfer

n3wb
Reaction score
I could solve the problem on a Dahua camera. It has nothting to do with the browser, firewal or connection problem. What I did is to set the computer ip to a fix one 192.168.1.2 and on the gateway to 192.168.1.108 It sounds weird but it works

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Monitor it's mac with wireshark and power it on/off you should see several broadcasts for various things.
If you dont, then it's sometimes an indication of it being stuck in bootloader. ie: broken (with some hope of resurrecting it if the flash isn't fubar)

FYI: Many cams come with a fly lead for powering off 12V or else you can get an inline poE injector.