Dahua IPC-HDW2231R-ZS dead? from just from connecting and disconnecting during placement

Bob Schulz

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How fragile are these cameras? All I was doing was unplugging the network cable and plugging back in, while checking positioning. Now I get nothing its not seen by IP or configtool.
Is there anything I can do? It is not the cable since I checked that with another uninstalled cam.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Those Cams are pretty good, do not see too many failures like you claim, when its plugged in, can you activate the IR by holding your hand over the sensor, If the IR Kicks on that would indicate some kind of power going to it, that would be a good sign. It could be a corrupted firmware issue and a internal reset might just do it. Good luck, let us know, another thing would be to try a 12volt power supply on it to see if it powers that way.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How fragile are these cameras? All I was doing was unplugging the network cable and plugging back in, while checking positioning. Now I get nothing its not seen by IP or configtool.
Is there anything I can do? It is not the cable since I checked that with another uninstalled cam.
Very fragile. Connecting them will cause them to fail as you have seen. The trick is not to connect them.

elliottwe

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine takes a long time to respond whenever I connect it. I started moving it around this month to test in various locations, and every time I plug it in, it takes a long time to respond. I got used to it and find something else to do for awhile. I don't know how long it takes to come to life, but it's a lot longer than my other cameras.