Dahua IPC-HDW4421S return to Alibaba question

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ordered this camera: Dahua IPC-HDW4421S from Alibaba and got it two days ago. I tested it out and it seems to form condensation in the lens after about two hours, obscuring the view. This happens every time I tried it out, even after powering down. It happened 4 times. I asked the buyer for an exchange or refund and he told me not to worry and send the camera back and he will exchange or fix it.

Do I need to pay for shipping on this? I mean, it is obviously defective somehow, condensing everytime I turn it on and it warms up. What is the best way to handle this? Credit card refund? Tell him to pay for shipping because it is not my fault? Ship it back? If the suggestion to ship it back is made here, about how much am I looking at for shipping? I paid just under seventy bucks for it, free shipping.

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had one where the main board fried. Yes I had to pay shipping to get it back. Then they sent out a new/refurb one at not cost to me.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How much was return shipping? Same model?

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
From US it's $65 for priority mail with no tracking. $85 for express with tracking.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you tried leaving it powered on for an extended period of time?

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No...but you are pretty knowledgeable, so I will try this now. I will post details tomorrow. I am doing this inside and the temp is around 72 degrees. Thanks.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
I had condensation once before on one of the Huisun cams after installation, it cleared up after 24 hours.

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It still had the condensation about 14 hours later. It was not even evaporated one tiny drop. The seller actually said he would pay for shipping.....but I want to take it apart and put some dessicant in it and see if that helps before doing the China round trip thing again. I did that for another camera with condensation and it solved the problem. I just added extra dessicant. Thanks again

james99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like I fixed the problem. After getting it apart, I just put in two extra containers of a blue dessicant/dehumidifier crystals. It already had two cellophane packs of dessicant, but I don't know why they weren't doing the job. The extra dessicant/silica gel I just poured into the bottom of the camera as the original pack they were in would not fit. Also, the inside of the lens where the aperture points out of, inside the ring, had some kind of dirty imprint on the inside of it which took me a while to get out with lens cleaner tissue. Plugged it in and it's been several hours now. Very clear picture. I really didn't want to hassle the return to China. But I think that because of the lack of the quality control from this store on Ali won't be used by me again. They even did not include a CD in the camera box and come to think of it, the plastic that the camera was inserted in had a lot of wrinkles in it. It just did not look "new". Live and learn. If anyone wants to know what store it was, just PM me.

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like I fixed the problem. After getting it apart, I just put in two extra containers of a blue dessicant/dehumidifier crystals. It already had two cellophane packs of dessicant, but I don't know why they weren't doing the job. The extra dessicant/silica gel I just poured into the bottom of the camera as the original pack they were in would not fit. Also, the inside of the lens where the aperture points out of, inside the ring, had some kind of dirty imprint on the inside of it which took me a while to get out with lens cleaner tissue. Plugged it in and it's been several hours now. Very clear picture. I really didn't want to hassle the return to China. But I think that because of the lack of the quality control from this store on Ali won't be used by me again. They even did not include a CD in the camera box and come to think of it, the plastic that the camera was inserted in had a lot of wrinkles in it. It just did not look "new". Live and learn. If anyone wants to know what store it was, just PM me.
Tried to PM about the Alibaba store but it didn't go through. Your settings might not be set to allow messages maybe...?