Dahua IPC-HDW5231R-ZE on a HIKVISION DS-7604NI-E1/4P?

shorttimer

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a HIKVISION DS-7604NI-E1/4P NVR and am looking for a Dahua Starlight camera that is compatible with it. I am wondering if the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE will work on my NVR. If not is there a good Starlight 2MP that would work on it without too much trouble. I understand it won't be plug & play but would like like camera not too terrible complicated to get running. I am hoping to get something that has good low light capability up to about 50 meters and could possibly zoom in as it will be focused on my mailbox and the road. I live about 100' from the road and my mailbox is on the other side.

Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a HIKVISION DS-7604NI-E1/4P NVR and am looking for a Dahua Starlight camera that is compatible with it. I am wondering if the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE will work on my NVR. If not is there a good Starlight 2MP that would work on it without too much trouble. I understand it won't be plug & play but would like like camera not too terrible complicated to get running. I am hoping to get something that has good low light capability up to about 50 meters and could possibly zoom in as it will be focused on my mailbox and the road. I live about 100' from the road and my mailbox is on the other side.

Thank you.
if you dont need audio, see the hikvision low light thread...

shorttimer

n3wb
Reaction score
if you dont need audio, see the hikvision low light thread...
No, I don't need audio. I was just looking into the Dahua Starlights as it seems those are by far the best in low light. Will check the Hikvision. Thanks Fenderman

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No, I don't need audio. I was just looking into the Dahua Starlights as it seems those are by far the best in low light. Will check the Hikvision. Thanks Fenderman
The hikvision low lights offer similar performance...you need the specific low light models described in the threads.
DS-2CD2335FWD-I - Hikvision Ultra Low Light 3M camera
There are more expensive models discussed as well but this should cost about the same as the dahua starlight fixed......there may be a varifocal hik as well..

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
It works on my Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P and my Hikvision DS-7604NI-E2/8P. I cannot say for sure on your model . I have to use ONVIF on my NVR's.

shorttimer

n3wb
Reaction score
I wouldn't be needing any features not even motion sensing. I just want it to record to the Hikvision NVR so I have it in case I need to review the video. We had 3 people that had packages stolen out of their mailboxes on the same day last week.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be needing any features not even motion sensing. I just want it to record to the Hikvision NVR so I have it in case I need to review the video. We had 3 people that had packages stolen out of their mailboxes on the same day last week.
then the dahua will work