Dahua IPC-HDW5831R-ZE

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I see this model contains a STARVIS sensor. Still wondering how many years it will take for higher resolution cameras with better BLC to come to the market for mass consumption.

Would like to see some samples, particularly video samples, as comparison to the 2MP Varifocal Starlight Turret :) Thanks

Last edited:

PapaBill

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Being Held Hostage in Central Calif By Democrats.
Ok old thread but question, is it me or is both of the 8mp pix out of focus, I know someone said one was, but I was looking at both pix over and over and yea it appears the 8 is out of focus on both shots, if not then the 2mp is gonna be my baby.
I have a bright ass led street light in front of my house that helps.
This is my sidewalk in front of my house at 530am, so will the 2 be OK? or should I do the 8mp? also am gonna find a good ptz for the front of my house.

Attachments

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Ok old thread but question, is it me or is both of the 8mp pix out of focus, I know someone said one was, but I was looking at both pix over and over and yea it appears the 8 is out of focus on both shots, if not then the 2mp is gonna be my baby.
I have a bright ass led street light in front of my house that helps.
This is my sidewalk in front of my house at 530am, so will the 2 be OK? or should I do the 8mp? also am gonna find a good ptz for the front of my house.
such good light in the night, just use higher resolution ones.

SirAce135

n3wb
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY
How are your stock levels looking for the 5830's?

I saw them listed as PAL not NTSC will that be an issue for me using Synology Surveillance Station?

Considering picking up 3 of them.

I am also looking for a really high resolution, starlight cam to put at the head of a street since it is the only road that leads into our neighborhood. I want to be able to catch no only the license plate of vehicles entering but also the gender of its occupants.

The camera will be about 20 or so feet up in the air with vehicles driving just under it. The street is actually a hill and the camera is at the bottom of it which puts the camera at bumper height for the top of the hill. So need a camera that can identify vehicle occupants about 100' away day or night. The neighborhood will be chipping in for that one so I am even considering that crazy 30MP camera but am concerned about powering it, and storing its data reliably.

I am running CAT6a all over the house and have a 48 port POE switch. The runs are all 300' or less.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
PAL, NTSC, etc., doesn't matter anymore :D
Everything is digital nowadays

@EMPIRETECANDY

I saw them listed as PAL not NTSC will that be an issue for me using Synology Surveillance Station?

I am also looking for a really high resolution, starlight cam to put at the head of a street since it is the only road that leads into our neighborhood. I want to be able to catch no only the license plate of vehicles entering but also the gender of its occupants.

The camera will be about 20 or so feet up in the air with vehicles driving just under it. The street is actually a hill and the camera is at the bottom of it which puts the camera at bumper height for the top of the hill. So need a camera that can identify vehicle occupants about 100' away day or night. The neighborhood will be chipping in for that one so I am even considering that crazy 30MP camera but am concerned about powering it, and storing its data reliably.

I am running CAT6a all over the house and have a 48 port POE switch. The runs are all 300' or less.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY

If need NTSC, just download the firmware on the dahua website, easy things. Seems have 3pcs left only. Be hurry, lol.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY

I suggest you read the LPR subject area of this site. License plate capture is an art.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is this a true starlight like the 5321R-ZE?