Dahua IPC-HFW4433M-I2 nighttime settings

IceCold

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello i have a dahua 4433 that has great picture quality during daytime until its get dark. The IR lights up good but anything moving is just a blurry mess. Are there some guide on how to improve nighttime performance?

Dahua2.20191112_160031_1.jpg

Youtube clip during late evening.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello i have a dahua 4433 that has great picture quality during daytime until its get dark. The IR lights up good but anything moving is just a blurry mess. Are there some guide on how to improve nighttime performance?
Hi @IceCold

That camera has a rather small sensor compared to better models out now.
1/3" 4Megapixel progressive scan CMOS

While you maybe able to tune it a bit, you will probably not achieve anything close to the results you want.

I highly recommend checking out some of the newer reviews by members here on cameras which have newer and larger sensors. ( Dahua starlight / starlight+ models are well liked in low light conditions as well as the Hikvision nightfigther models. Especially useful as you are in Sweden with shorter daylight hours )

If you can afford a new better model, I would recommend going that route and placing that camera in another position which is less critical for low light conditions.

example of a good option to consider:

IceCold

n3wb
Reaction score
Try turning off the 3DNR or set it to a very low grade, like 4-6. You will see the picture gets grainier but should reduce the blur.
When i turned it off or lowered it much under 50 its garbled mess but i discoverd that the profile was set to day, when i changed it to night the quality was better!

IceCold

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @IceCold

That camera has a rather small sensor compared to better models out now.
1/3" 4Megapixel progressive scan CMOS

While you maybe able to tune it a bit, you will probably not achieve anything close to the results you want.

I highly recommend checking out some of the newer reviews by members here on cameras which have newer and larger sensors. ( Dahua starlight / starlight+ models are well liked in low light conditions as well as the Hikvision nightfigther models. Especially useful as you are in Sweden with shorter daylight hours )

If you can afford a new better model, I would recommend going that route and placing that camera in another position which is less critical for low light conditions.

example of a good option to consider:
Guess i need to get a better camera. I have read many reviews here on the starlights but finding them in sweden is really hard and the import taxes from the US (or china) is huge nowadays. Thought this camera would do a little better since its perfect quality during daytime. I got a hikvision there that covers the whole front yard with decent low light performance but i wanted something a little more zoomed in (its a 6mm lens on the dahua).

I have looked at those sweet starlights but i think i need at least 4mp to see faces and plates.

Thanks for your advice!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
...or add more light, white or IR, .... which is true of 75-80% of the cameras we all use...

IceCold

n3wb
Reaction score
After some tweaking it got a little better. Dahuas video control settings are illogical and hard to understand i think.

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Agreed about the controls being hard to figure out. But that video is much improved.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

IceCold

n3wb
Reaction score
Agreed about the controls being hard to figure out. But that video is much improved.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Yeah it was quite dark. Took some shots with a samsung s10+ for comparsion. Standard and night mode.20191114_212209.jpgnight mode.jpg