DAHUA IPC-K42A speaker issue

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I just bought a new Dahua Camera model IPC-K42A. The camera is working well except for the speaker. Indeed when I reboot the camera the camera speaker is working for about 30sec (if I use the mic icon on DSCam or on DMSS) users on site can hear me. And after let say 30Seconds the speaker is not working anymore... I can still click on microphone icon on DMSS but I got the error message : TalkBack Failed. One weir thing is that the mic on the camera is working well all time, indeed I can hear on site sound through the camera without any issue.

I bought this Dahua in order to use mic and speaker and I really don't know why the speaker is not working after 30sec. If I reboot the CAM i got the speaker back for again 30sec and then nothing. You will find below Audio conf on the Dahua and the error message displayed using DMSS:

1622014481355.png1622014583483.png

Thanks a lot for your help

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I made some tests today and it seems the issue is when I use DSCAM or Surveillance station. Indeed with DMSS application on my smartphone after rebooting the camera I can use the mic and it works without any interruption. However as soon as I use DSCAM I can active the mic one time and after that it seems that it breaks the speaker of the camera. Even if i go back on DMSS app I cannot use the mic anymore. Another weird thing when I use the microphone on DSCAM it works for 30secs and then nothing if I open DMSS I got error message when I want to use the mic, but If i click on the speaker of DMSS it acts like a mic... as if DSCAM cannot manage speaker and mic and broke something...

Reaction score
Anyone can help me on this topic ? It seems the issue is located when I use synology Surveillance station, with Dahua Generic Synology doesn't handle correctly the speaker on the cam... and if I use onvif I don't have any mic/speaker option at all...

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The speaker on cameras is not heavily used by most users. Also the DMSS or DSCAM app is not used either.
The Use of speakers on cameras from a mobile app is very problematic.

Does the app work when on home wifi not using the cell network ? Is the camera on WIFI ?