Dahua latest stable firmware + Best Practice Reminder

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Andy - The IPC-HDW4231EM-AS 6.0 mm cameras came with V2.460.0000000.14 PAL firmware (unbranded "IP Camera"), and the cameras had good video. I upgraded one of them to Dahua branded [NTSC]DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.460.0000000.16.R.20170904 firmware, and I can log in, but can no longer view video, add accounts, etc. I tried a factory reset, reloading the .16 firmware, and another factory reset, but still can't view video, etc. Any ideas?
(The camera and a laptop are the only items on the PoE switch)
Thanks
You should mention Andy with his boards nickname to get him informed.
I updated mine to the .16 PAL firmware and don’t have any issues you described.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to start “collecting” these firmware files and saving them just in case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I am going to start “collecting” these firmware files and saving them just in case!

Me too since a while. But with the signed firmware there was a point of no return to the versions beyond. Except with unbricking procedures of course

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Me too since a while. But with the signed firmware there was a point of no return to the versions beyond. Except with unbricking procedures of course
Which point was that? I missed this fact.

Inigo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You should mention Andy with his boards nickname to get him informed.
I updated mine to the .16 PAL firmware and don’t have any issues you described.
@Crazykiller Thanks, and sorry, I meant to mention Andy @EMPIRETECANDY , but accidentally deleted it when editing my post.
I woke up this morning thinking I should have tried the PAL version and was encouraged when I saw your post, but after a couple cycles of System > Default > Factory Default and then updgrading to DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3, the camera is still non-functional. I have to click on the Alarm tab before the Playback and Setting tabs show anything, but the Live tab remains blank and the Logout tab non-functional.
(The firmware loaded, as the format changed from NTSC to PAL.)
I emailed Andy (kingsecurity2014@163.com) for the .14 version that came on the camera to try and recover it.
Is there any reason to think that opening up the camera and using the hardware reset button would yield different results?
Thanks

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Which point was that? I missed this fact.

Phew, I think it was around build date from August last year. Differs depending on model. I recognized it first with my NVR last year.

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Crazykiller Thanks, and sorry, I meant to mention Andy @EMPIRETECANDY , but accidentally deleted it when editing my post.
I woke up this morning thinking I should have tried the PAL version and was encouraged when I saw your post, but after a couple cycles of System > Default > Factory Default and then updgrading to DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3, the camera is still non-functional. I have to click on the Alarm tab before the Playback and Setting tabs show anything, but the Live tab remains blank and the Logout tab non-functional.
(The firmware loaded, as the format changed from NTSC to PAL.)
I emailed Andy (kingsecurity2014@163.com) for the .14 version that came on the camera to try and recover it.
Is there any reason to think that opening up the camera and using the hardware reset button would yield different results?
Thanks
If you did not already get it, you’ll find the .14 firmware here: ftp://ftp.asm.cz/Dahua/kamerove_systemy/_Firmware/04IPC/05-Eco-savvy 3.0/DH/DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.460.0000.14.R.20170720/

I would try the hardware reset first, sometimes it is „magical“.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Phew, I think it was around build date from August last year. Differs depending on model. I recognized it first with my NVR last year.
So this inability to install older firmware is only for Dahua NVR’s, not camera’s?

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, need to add this to the Cliff Notes. But am wondering how I might determine by model and firmware; maybe just a warning and advice to search if concerned.

gaijin4ever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have two IPC-HFW4431R-Z I got at the same time, but one only lets me select PAL and has different firmware.

The NTSC/PAL selectable one is 2.420.0000.21.R but the one I can only select PAL on is 2.400.0000.23.R. Which firmware from your list should I be downloading to update the "PAL only" one so I can select NTSC like I can on the other camera?

Al*_*

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Which firmware from your list should I be downloading to update the "PAL only" one so I can select NTSC like I can on the other camera?
It should be irrelevant if you pick PAL or NTSC. I am not sure why you would like to know which one you should be downloading. Maybe I misunderstood.

gaijin4ever

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It should be irrelevant if you pick PAL or NTSC. I am not sure why you would like to know which one you should be downloading. Maybe I misunderstood.
You misunderstood.

The firmware I have now seems to limit the camera to PAL only. I would like to put a firmware on that will let me select NTSC - I don't have that option.

Inigo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you did not already get it, you’ll find the .14 firmware here: ftp://ftp.asm.cz/Dahua/kamerove_systemy/_Firmware/04IPC/05-Eco-savvy 3.0/DH/DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.460.0000.14.R.20170720/ I would try the hardware reset first, sometimes it is „magical“.
@Crazykiller Thanks! The hardware reset button wasn't so magic, but the .14 firmware did the trick. Once it was recovered, I tried upgrading the IPC-HDW4231EM-AS to the PAL .16 firmware, but got the same results again, so it's back to .14 and has good video again.
Andy @EMPIRETECANDY , you can ignore my email requesting the .14 starlight firmware, but perhaps pass on to Dahua that some of the IPC-HDW4231EM-AS cameras won't take the official firmware.
Cheers

Inigo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Four of six newly arrived starlight cameras have V2.460.0000.15 Build Date 2017-09-07 (which has initialization that looks the same as .16), but two of the IPC-HDW4231EM-AS have a noticeably older V2.460.0000.14 Build Date 2017-07-20. In most regions, the Dahua site has V2.460.0000000.16 Build Date 2017-09-04 listed, although some regions list .10 or .7, but nowhere could I find .15 firmware.
Since .15 seems stable on the cameras (and .16 isn't), Andy @EMPIRETECANDY or @Crazykiller, can you point me to V2.460.0000.15 Build Date 2017-09-07? (I couldn't find it on the ftp site that has .14)
(Dahua has a curious naming convention with .16 having a release date three days prior to .15)

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Inigo is the .15 firmware general or Dahua one? Sometimes the cams are updated before shipment and sometimes with firmware the reseller like @EMPIRETECANDY has access to from Dahua ftp, but it might never been released on their website. Seems they don’t upload every new firmware to the site. Maybe betatesting with users from resellers

Inigo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Inigo is the .15 firmware general or Dahua one? Sometimes the cams are updated before shipment and sometimes with firmware the reseller like @EMPIRETECANDY has access to from Dahua ftp, but it might never been released on their website. Seems they don’t upload every new firmware to the site. Maybe betatesting with users from resellers
@Crazykiller Most of the cameras in this order from @EMPIRETECANDY came with general .15 firmware showing "IP Camera". I don't believe that Andy installed it, as he is still trying to get a copy to send me to update the two that came with the .14 firmware.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@Crazykiller Most of the cameras in this order from @EMPIRETECANDY came with general .15 firmware showing "IP Camera". I don't believe that Andy installed it, as he is still trying to get a copy to send me to update the two that came with the .14 firmware.
buddy, can send me the built date of the firmware?
like this
General_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_Eng_P_Stream3_V2.460.0000.14.R.20170720.bin