Dahua latest stable firmware + Best Practice Reminder

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have been given access to the latest production firmware releases.
These are provided to vendors as well as to support cases as they are considered STABLE/tested.

I've uploaded the firmware library for the IPC, SD and NVR series.

These can be found here: Index of /DAHUA/

Excel sheet in the root directory will tell you which version goes with which camera.

Usual disclaimer, use at own risk, if you brick it, follow the recovery thread here: Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP

Highly suggest connecting the cameras directly to your PC for updates or disconnecting your Internet connection before hand.

Which leads onto the Best Practice Reminder for those having stability or security issues of late.

ISSUE: 1, Your Cameras are talking to the Internet, either via DMZ/UPNP/Forwarded in the router.
This can cause them to spaz out with too many connection attempts coming from the Internet side, even worse if they have been breeched.

Solution? Block them from talking to the Internet full stop. (Most routers can block devices on the network)
Otherwise look at investing in a proper firewall router that supports being a VPN Server.

Mine can only talk to my local lan and vpn lan, otherwise they can't get out.

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 11.35.33 am.png

ISSUE: 2, You have left the default username/password, suddenly your settings are changing or your uploads are going crazy?
Something in the network is hammering them, maybe some malware living in whatever other devices you have in your network.

Solution? Change the default admin/admin on everything you own. (Modems, switches, routers, printers, iptv boxes, NAS etc and then restart them.

ISSUE: 3, Camera doing strange things? Dropping Out? Lag Accessing the webgui? Video Feed Blocked?
You might be running old firmware, yes the older firmware has more holes then Swiss Cheese...

Solution? Upgrade to the latest firmware.

4, Issues accessing the cameras webgui after firmware upgrades but they responds to pings.

Solution? Camera is getting hammered again but its now blocking connection attempts.
Connect directly to your PC instead of a switch, change it's IP and password, then block it at the router, I suggest turning off UPNP.

Also block easy4ip, it's a sneaky little beast, it ignores being disabled prior to the 2017 firmware release.

Screen Shot 2017-06-05 at 1.33.09 pm.png

if you are running 2016 firmwares then there is a good chance it's calling home. (See network capture screenshot below of a 201610 firmware still calling home after easy4ip was disabled and the camera was restarted.

20161130 and 201612xx firmware is less chatty with easy4ip but I'd still block it from accessing the Internet

Screen Shot 2017-06-06 at 11.44.04 am.png

If you follow these simple steps, it should resolve 99% of issues experienced.

Re bricked cameras, this would have happened because you attempted to firmware upgrade with the camera still getting hammered.
Solution? Don't do firmware upgrades unless you are directly connected to the camera.

EDIT: I've also uploaded the unofficial firmware source and the MOD firmware created by @cor35vet

Last edited:

zebrock

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Great info.. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

nogi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So don't update cameras via Dahua nvr either?

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I've uploaded the un-official source and mod firmwares as well.

Let me know if you guys run into any issues with downloading the images.

nogi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is the correct path for a English unbranded NVR5XXX-4K from Andy?

/DAHUA/OFFICIAL/NVR/NVR5XXX-4K/DH/1704/
or
/DAHUA/OFFICIAL/NVR/NVR5XXX-4K/General/1704/

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Actually speaking, No logo or logo one firmware all can be updated for all our device we sold. Thanks. Just make sure the firmware is for the model you bought.
Thanks.

Andy

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY , so the DH or General one? What's the difference
no difference, General just for those who no need dahua logo ones, some guys use the no logo for the project and get a better money, some of my clients they erase the dahua logo even the cam has logo. They totally no different.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY , so the DH or General one? What's the difference
The inner working on both firmware should be the same.

The DH firmware have Dahua logo plastered all over the GUI and monitor on unused channels.

The General firmware have Dahua logo removed which intended for the re-seller to apply their own logo brand on it.

However it was mentioned in another thread that if you apply General firmware, you won't be able to apply the DH firmware over it if you wanted the logo back again unless you use TFTP.

nogi

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Andy, so DH firmware works ok on the unbranded cameras you send?

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Crazykiller you updated all your firmware with no problem at all right? I got your email and replied, seems you never get my emails.
I updated all my cams and NVR to DH firmware, because I prefer the branded look.
Is is also no problem to change between General and DH. I didn't have any problem flashing cams with General firmware to DH firmware.

Andy, that's strange, had no problems with email from you before. Now I'm awaiting your reply since nearly two weeks?

Cesar Guimaraes

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have been given access to the latest production firmware releases.
These are provided to vendors as well as to support cases as they are considered STABLE/tested.

I've uploaded the firmware library for the IPC, SD and NVR series.

These can be found here: Index of /DAHUA/

Excel sheet in the root directory will tell you which version goes with which camera.

Usual disclaimer, use at own risk, if you brick it, follow the recovery thread here: Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP

Highly suggest connecting the cameras directly to your PC for updates or disconnecting your Internet connection before hand.

EDIT: I've also uploaded the unofficial firmware source and the MOD firmware created by @cor35vet
Many Thanks for your work. It's most appreciated.

spring2017

n3wb
Reaction score
so for the Chinese camera or NVR , is it supported by the unofficial firmware , could it change the language for the Chinese NVR AND CAMERA?

Inigo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@Crazykiller you updated all your firmware with no problem at all right?...
Hi Andy - The IPC-HDW4231EM-AS 6.0 mm cameras came with V2.460.0000000.14 PAL firmware (unbranded "IP Camera"), and the cameras had good video. I upgraded one of them to Dahua branded [NTSC]DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea_EngSpnFrn_N_Stream3_V2.460.0000000.16.R.20170904 firmware, and I can log in, but can no longer view video, add accounts, etc. I tried a factory reset, reloading the .16 firmware, and another factory reset, but still can't view video, etc. Any ideas?
(The camera and a laptop are the only items on the PoE switch)
Thanks