Dahua/Loryta 5442 varifocal turret VANDALIZED....

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The evaluation version, at the least the ones I've had just stop working after the evaluation period expires. This is most likely an evaluation version because someone messed up paid for BI and replaced it, and the person who did this replaced the full version with the evaluation verision and has found out how to renew the evaluation every X days by altering the registry keys - it is possible to reset the evaluation period back to the start when it expires. I suspect they're doing that instead of contacting Ken or you for assistance in re-installing the licence - who's taking bets they never wrote it down.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
The whole install has a feel of "Hurry up" & "Aint nobody got time for that....."
It wouldn't have taken much more labor to take the time to make it at least half assed right.....But if it's temporary, then you gotta live with the results.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
From the help file.
Although continuous Internet access is not required, the software either must be connected
to the Internet occasionally to check for updates and licensing, or the license must be re-
entered at least once each year using offline methods as the support and maintenance date
expires.

Reaction score
From the help file.
Although continuous Internet access is not required, the software either must be connected
to the Internet occasionally to check for updates and licensing, or the license must be re-
entered at least once each year using offline methods as the support and maintenance date
expires.
There we go... It was definitely without internet access for more than a year. I should be able to put that key back in-- it is saved in a text file on the computer from when I installed it. Once the key is active again I will get the school to buy the support license and update it.

Reaction score
The whole install has a feel of "Hurry up" & "Aint nobody got time for that....."
It wouldn't have taken much more labor to take the time to make it at least half assed right.....But if it's temporary, then you gotta live with the results.
It was kind of an "emergency" situation...

They were converting a wing of an old unused dormitory into an isolation wing for COVID-infected students, and they needed the monitoring in place immediately as COVID cases were detected among the students. They could have done things the right way after the school year, but the mindset was more like "It's working fine-- we're not messing with it."

I made an initial inquiry on the forums here about what cams the school should buy in this thread. By the time cams arrived-- I was not allowed in to install due to the COVID restrictions in place. I monitored camera aiming from the BI computer I was setting up in another building, and gave directions by cell phone to the maintenance guy who installed the cams and was aiming them. They put the Maint. guy in a full hazmat space suit while he was working.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Just read it was in a school. Suspect should be easily identified therefore.

I suggest the school identify him, and charge his parents for the full cost of replacing the cameras. Why mess around re-wiring and botching when you can simply purchase new ones for no cost?

They should also consider expelling him afterwards or at least suspending.