Dahua/Loryta 5442 varifocal turret VANDALIZED....

Reaction score
I got a call about these-- one at each end of a long hallway. They were vandalized-- cables cut, ethernet disconnected, and the RJ45 dongle taken to keep them disabled... The wiring inside appears to simply be 4 twisted pairs of ethernet wire-- but is the wire color used the typical assignment (considering it connected direct to a female rj45 "jack"?? Would hate to advise incorrectly and send POE power where it does not belong.

1680137619303.png

1680137739527.jpeg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
After reading the confusing posts here ==>> IPC-T5442T-ZE PoE Pinout Tip - For Broken Connector RJ45
I came up with this:

Wire to T-568A standard (as follows):

Pigtail color : RJ-45 pin #

Green/white : 1
Green : 2
Orange/white : 3
Blue : 4
None : 5
Orange : 6
None : 7
Brown : 8

Your red (+) and black (-) are for the 12VDC power connector, you could tape up well or use shrink tubing since it's a POE cam.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
If they were vandalized once it will happen again. Mounting the camera on a steel j box and running EMT conduit to it that you can fish the Ethernet wire through will at least prevent cable cuts again.

Reaction score
If they were vandalized once it will happen again. Mounting the camera on a steel j box and running EMT conduit to it that you can fish the Ethernet wire through will at least prevent cable cuts again.
Yes-- This is at a school in a building that is 90% unused and is scheduled to be demolished. On a bright note-- the kids who did this were completely busted-- they even smiled for the camera before cutting the wire. LOL. The school wanted a quick setup for a specific purpose-- The fact that the students got busted and are in deep crap will be the active deterrent to more stupidity. Could someone else cut it? sure could-- and the camera layout guarantees they would get caught too.

POE in Mode B is pin 4 (+) and pin 8 (-).
A full 4 pair cable would be pair 4/5 (+) and 7/8 (-) but no wires are run to pins 5 and 7
His pigtail shows only 6 wires for data/power, the red/black are for the 12VDC power connector.
That is the EXACT info I needed and wanted to be sure about. Awesome.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is a great example of one of the reasons why we say put the cameras where it will give us the best chance to ID them and have cameras overlapping other camera views so that if they vandalize you catch them on camera!

Too bad you can't share the video lol

Reaction score
This is a great example of one of the reasons why we say put the cameras where it will give us the best chance to ID them and have cameras overlapping other camera views so that if they vandalize you catch them on camera!

Too bad you can't share the video lol
1680187930111.png

The distinctive sweatshirt was enough already-- but he looked right at the camera (about 20 feet away).

Reaction score
POE in Mode B is pin 4 (+) and pin 8 (-).
A full 4 pair cable would be pair 4/5 (+) and 7/8 (-) but no wires are run to pins 5 and 7
His pigtail shows only 6 wires for data/power, the red/black are for the 12VDC power connector.
Question--- when the scissors cut the wires, could it have shorted the POE across the other wires and fried one of the cameras? They cannot get one of them to work. I suggested they try a different port on the switch-- as that port may have issues since the POE was shorted out.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Hope you're going to pass the footage to law enforcement. They probably already know him.

Also another reason to get SD cards mounted inside. (A point here, I wish Dahua wouldn't imprint he side port with the word reset. It encourages someone to atack it. Leave it blank Dahua or imprint just an r on it).

I too second mounting the cameras on the Dahua junction boxes. They're steel like the housing, the entire camera pigtail will fit inside and equally as importantly, you can run conduit right into the box leaving no exposed wiring.

BTW beware using the supplied junction box screws - they're garbage. I screwed the heads off mine just driving them 3/4 the way. Took the seals off, put them onto 25mm Reisser cutter wood screws, and drove them in seconds no issues with high torque. The nuts to attach camera to junction box are fine.

Reaction score
The nice thing about using the junction boxes to hold the connection when you do not want to bother using conduit, is if they do cut wires going into the junction box, they are just the ethernet cables and can easily be fixed and the wire order is known.

Instead of trying to repair the cams, one could just have the kids/parents pay to have them replaced.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Reaction score
I actually advised them of the security risk of exposed wiring when they installed them, but they just wanted them up and running. I recommended the cams, which were bought from Andy via Amazon, and I configured an old Lenovo desktop computer with BI for them and set that up on their network. These cams went into service two and a half years ago with nobody touching them in all that time. Two years farther out, and that building will likely not exist any more.

The problem is that the person in charge of that area of the building was not regularly checking the cams. They were disabled for a week before he noticed. When I was called and checked on it, the BI install is saying "Evaluation" ... which I thought was odd. They obviously never renewed the "support" subscription, but I didn't think BI would slap that overlay on the video...

1680284997770.png

The computer is on a static ip and blocked from the internet at the router. I will have to get BI to a more current version-- it is running 5 and using substreams. I will ask them about putting those cams on junction boxes-- but I doubt they will. The thinking is the kid would just lift the drop ceiling tile and cut it there, and there's no way they are running hard conduit 200 feet to the switch.

Another way to look at it is this-- The other option a kid would do is to physically destroy the cams-- and the one who cut the wire would have just as easily taken a bat to the cam. A cut wire was actually the second least destructive -- unplugging the ethernet to disable being less of course.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The only way it would show the evaluation watermark was if it were a trial version that lapsed or it was a paid version and after the one year it was updated to version past that one year.

Folks here run V4 without the watermark just fine. Many are running an older V5 that is out of support just fine.

So I would look at the version they are running and when it says support expired and I suspect you will see they updated it at some point.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I think if it tries to Check for Updates automatically, couldn't it then trigger the eval screen? I think I have it set to no update prompts.
1680319436021.png