Dahua motion detect recording delay

Steve Bowman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When I am recording just motion on my NVR4208-8P-4KS2, it always misses the 1st several seconds. There is a setting in the camera - event/video detection/record delay that appears to have a minimum value of 10sec. Is that related?

Is it not possible to record immediately, or even a few seconds before like some other options

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You could set the "Anti-Dither" to 0 if you want it to immediately record.

cuz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did this solve your problem? That's not what I thought Anti-Dither did.

Steve Bowman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not completely, there is still a delay. I had the anti-dither set to 1 sec. Just changed it to 0.5

I will admit that I have not spent much time changing settings for sensitivity and threshold. I don't want too many false alarms and had the S set at 60 and T at 30. I just now changed S to 40. to maybe improve things.

From the interwebs... Sort of contradictory.

Anti-dither is the amount of delay that will occur before the DVR starts recording, it can also be thought of as the amount of time something in the image has to be there to trigger the DVR to record.
Anti-dither: After an initial motion event, the system will continue to record video if a second motion event occurs within the set Anti-dither period.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I do not know about the NVR , but in BI you can set the recording to start N seconds before the event. There may be a setting in the NVR to do this.