Dahua Motion Detect, teach me something

dmroo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, It might also be worth noting, Maybe Im wrong but the only way to get access via web browser is to use ie (Internet Explorer) Google or the new edge doesnt work as it needs the plugin also. And also need to ensure you add that particular ip address to the ie registry. I think I am right in this but please let me know If I am wrong.
Thanks again for your help. Im getting there slowly.

dmroo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi hal9000,
Can you please tell me where you managed to get the latest firmware? For all my searching on the Dahua site, which seems to be rubbish for the normal consumer, I cannot seem to find what the latest firmware available is. for Cameras and or the NVR itself.
Thanks in advance
DMRoo

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@dmroo where did you get your NVR and cameras? Usually you have to get the firmware from the seller. Good luck with that, as 99.9999% of them don't have it or won't share it. As far as I know anyways. I use only IE to connect to my cameras or NVR to make changes through a web browser.

I really need a newer firmware for my 16ch Dahua NVR, I'm having a problem with cameras freezing and dropping out and I've eliminated EVERYTHING else EXCEPT for the NVR it self, it has to be the darn NVR :(

Last edited by a moderator:

dmroo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi badmop,
Unfortunately I'm in the same boat looking for firmware. I have been on the Dahua site many times and find it useless, from what I can tell they really aren't bothered about the consumer as much as they are in just selling their product. I have written to them many times with no reply, even called on the phone to China direct. Their English is somewhat useless even though I spoke a little in Chinese to them.
I will keep looking and also ask the company here in Thailand where I bought it from, to see if they can find anything for me. Soon as I find out I will reply and post.
The NVR seems OK, does what it needs to do. (Dahua NVR 8 channel 5408) I will be updating the HDD in it though and replacing the standard desktop HDD with WD Purples, I have friends that use them and say never had a prob.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The Dahua site support won't give you firmware unless you bought from an authorized dealer (I think) or they may not give any firmware.
I sure wish I could sort out my NVR problem. Maybe someone can let us know if they find a site with firmware for NVRs

dmroo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey badmop,
I've managed to get a link to a dropbox account from my supplier, it has 2 bin files for firmware for my product I dont know what you have but Il Ill add a snip pic here. Not sure on your models all I know it is for my setup being NVR 5xxx series
Latest FW Dahua.JPG

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks!!!
Here is my NVR info:
I think it is a Dahua NVR 4216

• Type
  • NVR

• Record Channel:

• SN:
  • XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Web:

• System Version:
  • 3.200.0000.6.R

• Build Date:
  • 11-27-2014

dmroo

n3wb
Reaction score
K I have asked my man if possible to see if he can also get the FW for that model, Can only try but no promises

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks alot!! :) I've found some FW actually but not sure if it will work and I'd hate to brick my NVR without a way to reverse it.
A surprise search of some other keywords has lead me to finding this FW on an FTP, I've searched for a long time now, so this was a lucky break. Let me know what you find out and then I'll think about how I'm going to proceed.

I found this: General_NVR4xxx_Eng_PN_V3.200.0000.9.R.20150529.bin
It's from August 2015 I believe. More than likely May 2015

dmroo

n3wb
Reaction score
Sounds like your on the right track mate, the title does look correct according to the other FW files,but yeah, want to be sure. It is May obviously by file name I've heard people bricking with wrong FW, I should hear from my guy by tomorrow latest either way. Ill let you know what he comes up with, I gave him a sob story a mate bought now company folded and your in the lurch ;) See if he is a nice bloke or not.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks again, if they don't have it, ask if there is an easy recovery if the FW is bad, corrupt or something. (I imagine there should be a failsafe if the FW isn't for the NVR it would fail to update and the NVR remain functioning) If they don't want to give you the FW, ask if the file name is what file name I have and that'll work. (if you have to go back and forth or they don't wanna be bothered, don't push them I'll sort it)
I really appreciate it, I have a thread around here where I've been trying to sort out my NVR problem since September!! LOL, you would not believe the time and effort I've put into trying to find the problem and fix, so it has to be the NVR in someway, physically or within the firmware.
If I had the money I would have just bought another NVR, but in the next day or so I will attempt the upgrade if the FW is correct, or atleast less doubt of it not being correct.

My situation is sort of that, the seller from aliexpress deleted their account or was banned so I was no longer able to communicate with them, but I'm sure they wouldn't have helped with FW anyways.
Here is a link to my thread if you are curious, lol
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5440-Dahua-camera-freezing-on-motion-detect

Thanks so much, if anything I can ever do to help you, I will!

dmroo

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks man,
Hope we can sort it out and at the least confirm that the FW you have now is correct. Just wait till Tomorrow soon as I have word Ill let you know either way.
Ahhh Aliexpress, I have a mate in OZ that just bought his cams from Ali also. I think Im right in saying that Ali gives a very very short period you can return but warranties are just not there. I was in China for many years and well, I just would not even buy electronics from there, even though most of them are made there. Strange ha. But being in the quality business I know if you buy from China for Chinese market, they arent as good as Chinese built for export. Just the way it is.
Anyways mate. Until tomorrow and we will see.
Been a pleasure either way to have a forum that people help each other. Glad I joined.
Just looked at your Vim Vid, Just an observation only. And I think I have the same. It does seem to freeze, example a car goes by but not all of it.
I was playing around with mine and do think it is a setup with the Motion detect and not hardware failure. As I said I've noticed same with mine, but only on the motion detect side of things.
I'm thinking it might be to do with delay times. I will have a play see what I come up with on that also.

dmroo

n3wb
Reaction score
Have to ask about your setup. You have a router is that a Modem/Router? Cause if your using a switch virtually you dont need anything else plugged into the router side except your Switch, everything should run from your switch, this keeps all traffic going going down the same highway so to speak. Is the switch a manageable switch? Being you can have it either DHCP or Fixed and also can configure Poe designation? Obviously the NVR doesnt need to be plugged into the Poe side of things.
On mine I have 1 Switch, everything connects through that, even my server, BUT the server designates protocols and security.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It is a regular POE switch, I have 2 different ones as I replaced the original one trying to track down the problem.
The problem happens regardless if the POE switch is plugged into the router or not, I can have the POE switch completely offline and only plugged into the NVR and the same problem.
I have tried 4 hard drives, I even bought a WD Purple hard drive to eliminate the hard drive being bogged down.
I have done EVERYTHING to eliminate the source of the problem, it comes down to the NVR, really. It's so annoying, I've changed everything setting, I've done EVERYTHING, you wouldn't believe what time I've spent on it lol.

The final thing...
I've got a new camera that has different firmware than my other 4 cameras, so I will see if the new camera drops out or not, it may be an issue with the FW on the other 4 cameras. I will find out once I test and see if this new camera drops out or not.

dmroo

n3wb
Reaction score
hey badmop, Ive just sent off the FW version you have at request from my man, so hes looking into it for you now