Dahua NVR 5216 & Foscam onvif

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm in the process of setting up my Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2E 16 with my 4 IPC-HDW5231R-Z and 1 IPC-HDBW4231F-AS cameras bought from Andy at EmpireTech. All has gone well so far and I'm in the latter stages of configuring the settings in the DVR. All the cameras are connected to a separate POE switch so I can connect to them directly to fine tune the settings. While I'd like to have been able to afford to replace all of my existing cameras with Dahuas, that's a tad too expensive for me for a few months.

In the interim I'm struggling to connect two (apologies in advance for cursing) Foscam cameras via Onvif.

I've tried all of the settings that I can find as suggestions online and although I get the green dot telling me they are connected on the Dahua NVR Camera config page no image is presented.

The model numbers of the foscam camera are FI9900P and FI9826P.
Any guidance/help greatly appreciated.
Paul

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm in the process of setting up my Dahua NVR5216-16P-4KS2E 16 with my 4 IPC-HDW5231R-Z and 1 IPC-HDBW4231F-AS cameras bought from Andy at EmpireTech. All has gone well so far and I'm in the latter stages of configuring the settings in the DVR. All the cameras are connected to a separate POE switch so I can connect to them directly to fine tune the settings. While I'd like to have been able to afford to replace all of my existing cameras with Dahuas, that's a tad too expensive for me for a few months.

In the interim I'm struggling to connect two (apologies in advance for cursing) Foscam cameras via Onvif.

I've tried all of the settings that I can find as suggestions online and although I get the green dot telling me they are connected on the Dahua NVR Camera config page no image is presented.

The model numbers of the foscam camera are FI9900P and FI9826P.
Any guidance/help greatly appreciated.
Paul
Hi Paul,

You will need to set the foscams to ONVIF in their settings, as well as when you add the cameras to the NVR - set the setting in the NVR to ONVIF.

Reaction score
Ok, I've searched the settings in both Foscam cameras but can't seem to find the onvif settings. It's it an explicit setting?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok, I've searched the settings in both Foscam cameras but can't seem to find the onvif settings. It's it an explicit setting?
Hi Paul,

On the cameras I have seen it is. ( those cameras "talked" non-ONVIF normally )