Dahua Nvr 5216 how to enable poe?

Ronen98

n3wb
Reaction score
I am connecting a camera to the NVR poe ports on the back.
I can see that the camera is getting power but I cannot connect to it or find it on the network.
Does anyone has a link to a wiki that explains how to set up poe on the 5216 nvr?
Thanks - Ronen

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I can see that the camera is getting power but I cannot connect to it or find it on the network.
Does anyone has a link to a wiki that explains how to set up poe on the 5216 nvr?
Thanks - Ronen
Cables need to be wired 568

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks - Ronen
Many PoE NVRs will create a separate subnet for the PoE cameras. With those, once the camera is plugged into the NVR, you won't be able to directly connect to the camera unless the machine you're trying to connect from is also plugged into the back of the NVR.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Log on to your NVR direct, Setup-->Registration, If its a Dahua camera it should show up, If its a Onvif camera, you might have to manually search. Click the Modify pencil icon, put in your user name and password..BTW which should have been setup ahead of time on the camera Itself, Sometimes cams come setup modified and you need to default them before they will work. Also Note I also find that some dahua cams will NOT work by default and you might have to change them from Private (drop down list) to Onivf to get em to take. I would unplug and re-plug your camera before I do this because of it locking the default account out after being connected to the NVR.

poe.JPG poe2.JPG